Options

Just completed bsc It and no job in system administration

Tourist879Tourist879 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just completed my bsc it and applied for job for jr system administrator of desktop support but no luck. Can u guy recommend any certification like Mcsa,Mcse or Ccna . And what should I do meanwhile these certification as there demanding 2 year exp for every job.and no internship.pls tell career path for sys admin for fresher.

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Time and patience. If I read your post correctly, there were two rejections out of two applications?

My last two jobs have been 15-20 applications, 1-2 call backs out of the 15-20. You and I are not so different, I was "under-qualified" on paper so landing interviews was hard but I interviewed well and had experience to back it up.

Just keep trying. While your trying pick a cert topic that is of interest to you (not the one you think will get you a job the fastest) study for the cert....keep applying, reading on current events, join after work groups (spice"heads" for example).
  • Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your degree is just one box checked on a list of others needing that same mark.

MCSA is good for a sysadmin role, since you will mostly be working with servers, AD, DNS, etc.

Will that alone get you the job? Probably not. However, it will check another box. Look into online labs or even building your own at home. That's something you can put on a resume and talk about during interviews. It shows initiative and that companies won't have to train you as much on those things.

Like Chris said, you will probably hear a lot of NO's before you hear a YES. Be patient, but be persistent and good things will come.
  • Options
    Tourist879Tourist879 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That soon much guys for advice.this means a lot.
  • Options
    majorpaynemajorpayne Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    just to add to this, i applied to 100 jobs across the U.S. because applying only in a single city gave me no options.
  • Options
    labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For every 20 jobs I applied for, I would average 1-2 emails back and ended up talking to the recruiter on the phone on 1 of the 2 emails. Over the last 3 months I probably applied for 150+ jobs all over the Lower 48. Now I'm about 40 days into my job as an Infrastructure Analyst and life is good! Stay positive and keep applying!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Patience..and a sense of humor you need right now. In the meantime, read up on stuff regarding new technologies etc...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    You need 5 years of experience to get an entry-level job now days. That's the running joke. Just apply to everything that remotely looks in your field, see what sticks. Join LinkedIn.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need 5 years of experience to get an entry-level job now days. That's the running joke.

LOL i seen those postings but people in general need to know that the job requirements are a wish list of the perfect candidate which rarely ever exists. I would say keep an eye out to apply to jobs for 2nd and 3rd shift or weekend shift. I seen managers make huge exceptions for certain shifts since they have a hard time filling those time slots.