MCSA After MCSE?

nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm working towards cmopleting the last two exams for my MCSE 2003 and was just looking into other MS certifications.

I noticed that the MCSA core elements are all covered by the MCSE track and that would only leave an elective to achieve the MCSA.

One of the electives is the 70-228 exam for SQL. I already use SQL 2000 and was thinking about taking an exam in it anyway. Is it worth doing this to be able to call myself an MCSA and MCSE 2003? If I did it would I be able to use both titles or does the MCSE superceed the MCSA anyway? Also can you achieve an MCSA certification once your already MCSE certified?

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Also can you achieve an MCSA certification once your already MCSE certified?
    Yes.
    If I did it would I be able to use both titles or does the MCSE superceed the MCSA anyway?
    Yes. You may want to look in the the Security or Messaging specialization of the MCSE instead. But if you are planing on taking the 70-228 anyway, an MCSA as an additional cert on your resume won't hurt either.
  • nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

I've since been advised that if I take the 70-228 and 70-229 then I should achieve not only the MCSE and MCSA but also the MCDBA. If I can end up with 3 certifications after all this work then I'll be really pleased.

Cheers,
    Steve
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Go for them :) Even though the MCSE is one of the highest certs, each of the certs are geared up for different job roles.

And like Webmaster said, another cert on your CV doesn't hurt.

"f I did it would I be able to use both titles or does the MCSE superceed the MCSA anyway?" - Yes you can use both titles.

"Also can you achieve an MCSA certification once your already MCSE certified?" - Yes you can, that's one of the beauties about the MS tracks. You don't have to follow any rigid path, just as long as you get the necessary requirements for the cert you're going for. You'll be awarded what you've achieved.

-Ken