Options

How to find a job at a MSP/VAR

nothimagainnothimagain Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
So im transitioning out of the military shortly and im going to applying for jobs pretty soon. I'm trying to get a job at MSP/VAR working with network equipment because I heard its a great way to gain tons of experience ,but im not sure how to find to . I know the obvious answer is apply , but what how do you find them and where do you apply at?

Also are there any MSP/VARs that Top Secret/SCI clearances? I have one right now because im an IT in the Navy .

Comments

• Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly, Indeed and Linkedin, and Glassdoor are my favorite choices for searching for jobs.

As far as the MSP/VAR and your clearance, I imagine that would probably have a lot to do with where you are looking to go after you separate. If I could do my separation all over again, Navy IT as well, I would have stayed VA/DC/MD area or gone to San Diego, more opportunities to use a clearance in those areas.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,047 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I work at a MSP currently;
    crazzzzy EXP.

My original plan was to Bounce after one year..... ha!
    im gonna stick around for at least 2.

I don't think a MSP gives a Crap about Security Clearances.....

but they do care about the CCNA.
    It's pretty much a prerequisite.
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So im transitioning out of the military shortly and im going to applying for jobs pretty soon. I'm trying to get a job at MSP/VAR working with network equipment because I heard its a great way to gain tons of experience ,but im not sure how to find to . I know the obvious answer is apply , but what how do you find them and where do you apply at?

Also are there any MSP/VARs that Top Secret/SCI clearances? I have one right now because im an IT in the Navy .

If you have a TOP don't even waste your time with a MSP. Go get a 150k+ contractor job.
  • Options
    nothimagainnothimagain Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i don't think im experienced enough to earn 150k lol
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What systems did you work with? Any certifications?

I think you'd be surprised the weight an already cleared TS/SCI candidate can have, especially walking right out of the service. You could probably make 150+ overseas easily.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Where do you plan on living after you get out?
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i don't think im experienced enough to earn 150k lol

Doesn't matter. You will get a job with a TS.