Network+ renew A+ a second time?

chipcreepchipcreep Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am looking to taking the current Network+ again. I have been out of IT for a while and my certs are about to expire. If I take the Network+ again, will that still renew my A+ also?

i apologize if this has been posted a bunch before.

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    With CompTIA, when you renew your highest certification, all lower certifications are renewed...Network+ is higher than A+...just make sure you do it prior to your expiration date.
  • chipcreepchipcreep Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does it renew them for three years again?
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    The certification will be valid for 3 years from the day you pass.

What were you doing in IT previously?
  • KylegamingKylegaming Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the n+ and it renewed my a+ but my a+ wasn't expired.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Taking the Network+ again would do it. That's also the most expensive and difficult way to renew those two certs. There are much easier ways to earn CEUs but you'll need to find 30 hours of acceptable activities.
    https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/choose/renewing-with-multiple-activities/training-and-higher-education
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kylegaming wrote: »
    I took the n+ and it renewed my a+ but my a+ wasn't expired.
    Same. Passing the higher level certification instantly renews all of your current lower certifications. Once their expired though you'll have to take them over again. This is a little pyramid that shows which Comptia certifications will renew old ones.

https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/choose/renew-with-a-single-activity/earn-a-higher-level-comptia-certification
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
    My Network+ expires in 2020 and I have no plans to renew it or do another CompTIA cert.

My aim by 2020 is to at least have a CCNA or two and a MCSA, maybe higher level certifications depending if I have a more technical position.
  • ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you considered getting your Sec+?

It also renews your Net+, which renews your A+.

I always prefer to renew lower certs by simply getting higher certs when possible.
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nisseki wrote: »
    My Network+ expires in 2020 and I have no plans to renew it or do another CompTIA cert.

My aim by 2020 is to at least have a CCNA or two and a MCSA, maybe higher level certifications depending if I have a more technical position.
    CCNA will renew your Network + as long as you pay the renewal fee. You don't have to take it again or take another CompTIA test to renew it.

https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/renewothers/renewing-network
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
    I did not know that! I will definitely consider doing this in future. Thank you Cameron.
  • bird20100bird20100 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also did not know this but thanks anyway . Can you guys help me with this

199.10.9.0 into 14 host
    170.50.0.0 in to 60 host
    12.0.0.0 in to 25 host
    200.1.1.0 into 40 host