Skillsoft's CEH courseware: "Official Training" credit?

amriki_txamriki_tx Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if completing Skillsoft's Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) v8 (ACE Course Ref#: SKIL-0113) counts as "attending official training" according to EC-Council guidelines? I'm hoping that I would be allowed to take the CEHv9 exam after completing this course.

The closest answer that I was able to find was this line in an official EC-Council press release (Skillsoft Helps IT Security Professionals Prepare for EC-Council's Certified Ethical Hacker Exam):
"EC-Council has reviewed and endorsed Skillsoft's Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) courseware as meeting the exam objectives set forth in EC-Council's CEH exam"

t5L7Pqr.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BLUF: Yes

Sent an email to EC-Council regarding this topic. The following was their response:

1. I've read that Skillsoft is an authorized partner for their online CEH course.
    A. Yes , Skill soft is an authorized partner of EC-Council. If you have completed training from skill soft you will be eligible to take
    ceh exam. After completion of training from SkillSoft, please send us certificates of completion (16 modules altogether).
    We will assist you accordingly.
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    camerono808 is correct, EC-Council accepts Skillsoft as a substitute for official training. It also waives the application fee as a bonus.
  • dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Camerono808 or Airzero,
    Would be able to please you put me in touch with that representative or what the magic process was to get that through? I keep getting a stonewall canned response stating that I need to go through the application eligibility process, despite completing the Skillsoft course for CEH.

Thank You.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    dstock7337 wrote: »
    Camerono808 or Airzero,
    Would be able to please you put me in touch with that representative or what the magic process was to get that through? I keep getting a stonewall canned response stating that I need to go through the application eligibility process, despite completing the Skillsoft course for CEH.

Thank You.

https://cert.eccouncil.org/Exam-Eligibility-Form.html
    Fill out this form accordingly. They accepted my Skillsoft course. It also has an option to choose the Skillsoft course in the form.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Coolio! Thanks guys for the heads up! CHEERS & HI5!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    Thanks Atippett. I did that and this is the response I got:

"Greetings of the day.

To be eligible for the CEH exam under the self study mode we would need the documents listed below:

•Duly filled in Exam Eligibility Application Form (Attached)

•Identification proof and updated resume

•Payment confirmation code/receipt

You would also need to pay USD100 towards Eligibility Application fee.

To make the payment, please go to https://store.eccouncil.org/product/eligibility-application-fee/ and choose the Eligibility Application Fee. (For payment related queries, please contact finance@eccouncil.org)

NOTE: If you have attended training with an EC-Council Authorized training channel, you will be exempted from paying USD100 towards the Eligibility Application fee. This is subject to your submission of the "Certificate of Attendance" along with your Eligibility Application Form (Attached).

The Certificate of Attendance is achieved upon completing the training evaluation form available at https://aspen.eccouncil.org/. The training evaluation form can be accessed using the eval code that is sent to you along with your official courseware. You can contact your training provider or your instructor for assistance.

Email the scanned copy of application form along with identification proof and updated resume to cehapp@eccouncil.org
    For online/self paced learning options - iclasssupport@eccouncil.org.
    Kindly take note that the estimated processing time of your Eligibility Application is 14 days from the date of your Eligibility Application received date (Complete Eligibility documents).

Have a nice day !

EC-Council"

I went to that aspen link for certificate of attendance. I went to register on there and there was a part to fill out EC-Council Authorized Training Center Name. I put in Skillsoft and it states that the name is invalid. Emailed him back for clarity and got no answer.

Do I have to pay the $100 application fee anyway, fill out the work experience part, and send in the transcript?
    That's either an automated email or a template. It's the same email I got also. I replied to that email saying something like "I've taken the skillsoft course... blah blah" and attached screenshots of all of the certificates.... I think it was like 16 in all. Then they responded with an email saying I don't have to pay the $100 fee and what not
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The skillsoft course I have access to is only on CEHv7...but I have access to FedVTE and it is on CEHv9...I am having difficulties finding on their website if this is considered official courseware or not. Perhaps this info is somewhere on TE, I just haven't found it yet.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    You sure? I think if you have Skillsoft access you have access to everything on Skillsoft. I don't think it's permissions based per user. The one I used was 16 courses long, and if you look in the description of it, it actually says v8 but the exam code is 312-50 (version 9). Also, call their Tampa office and ask if the FedVTE is an approved course. I called them about the Skillsoft and wasn't on hold at all and got right through to an English speaking person. icon_cheers.gif
    Trying again. It is definitely an automated response from "Mohd. Saifuddin <cehapp@eccouncil.org>". My verbage:
    "To Whom It May Concern:

I have taken and completed CEH training from Skillsoft, an Approved Training Provider. Attached is screenshots showing the completion of the course.

I would like to take the exam as it fulfills option 1 for eligibility."

Sincerely,
    A very annoyed and confused candidate

Just kidding on the last part. I can see why many people complain about their certification system. It seems very disjointed and quite frankly, a PITA to go through.
    They gave me the same canned reply after telling them I've taken the skillsoft course and provided transcripts and screenshots. And still want to charge me $100.

So, what's in the secret sauce to make a real person respond to me/accept the skillsoft?
    Don't send screenshots, download the certificates as PDFs and you need to send all 16 modules certificates as well as the course certificate and still fillout the application for your information. When you submit the application they won't charge you the fill. At least this is how I went about doing it.
    I got a human instead of a robot. He confirmed what you said about certificates. I followed the Skillsoft tutorial to do so. However, the flavor of Skillsoft my school made available doesn't provide the option to print the certificates. I'll have to reach support on that.

Trying to get it through work now as a backup plan. Thanks for your help again.

I will update this thread until the saga ends.
    So, this ordeal is over. I get Skillsoft through my school's subscription. According to Skillsoft, the subscription my school has doesn't include certificates of completion. No certificate, no acceptance of completion from EC-Council. Yes, they don't even recognize the actual transcripts including test score results, which is honestly more proof than a single "certificate of completion".

Anyway, my work is sending me to New Horizons for CEH training. EC-Council isn't clear about what providers are actually approved but 3rd party sources indicate NH is an approved training center. If that doesn't turn out to be the case, I'll go through application hell (I've read the stories) and challenge the exam.
    That's a bummer man. EC-Council is kinda weird when it comes to their application process either way. I know even with the certificates of completion I had to send in the application three times before they actually accepted it.

At any rate, I believe NH is an approved training center as they do have multiple EC-Council certified instructors. You can always ask EC-Council support just to verify. You should be able to pass rather easily after the class, it really isn't a difficult exam. Hope you have better luck this time around and get the cert done with.
  • AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed the CEH last week and I was able to get the application fee waived using skillsoft module certificates. It's a fairly simple process.