How Prepard Am I For Server+ ?

rleighrleigh Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying Comptia Server+ SKO-004 using Wiley SYBEX book and web practice EXAMS. I completed all 380 offered questions missing 29. All questions are multiple choice and it is my understanding that the EXAM will be the same for server+.

I feel with my current results on the practice EXAM I should receive a passing score. So... my question is, is the online practice EXAMS from SYBEX a good comparison of what I will face in the test center?

Thanks,
RL

Comments

• rleighrleigh Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your feedback LOL ;)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Glad we can be of help.
    :) Was just looking for someone that might have taken the exam and could confirm the question struture in SYBEX was close to the structure at the test center or if I should find another source to practice with?
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    ALWAYS find another source to test your skills.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like you know all the material based off the couple sentences I read. Have at it! GL! icon_thumright.gif
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is this your first certification? Do you understand why you get the questions wrong as well as why you get them right? Do you really, really know your RAID?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The test is harder than most ppl realize...definitely know your server stuff!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Is this your first certification? Do you understand why you get the questions wrong as well as why you get them right? Do you really, really know your RAID?

Yes, and I understand what your asking. What I have found and have always had trouble with test is, when the answer choices are so close in wording I miss read them and get it wrong. I have learned to slow down and try and comperhind what is being asked.
  • epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Know the different RAIDs. Know backups. Server+ doesn't get a lot of love. So find another book or practice test see how you do. Sounds like you will be fine.
  • joegranejoegrane Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rleigh, were you successful passing the Server+

I'm planning to take the test soon. I too have used the Wiley Sybex book by T McMillan. I got 90% of the 380 questions correct and I was moving quite quickly through them. I missed a number of them because I was not reading carefully but upon review, I knew the material in question.

I also read the All In One book by D Lachance and got 88% of the questions in its practice exam correct.

I've never used just one book for a cert test! I more commonly have used three but there is not much available for this cert. After the first book I'm just scanning for weak areas in my knowledge.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Exam Cram back in the days! Good luck!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"