eJpt Question

For those whom have finished the course; was the elite edition worth the extra $100 dollars? Did you use the full 60 hours of lab time available?

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, its worth it. I used a lot of the time to help me out and I still have time left over as well.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.
  • materwelonmaterwelon Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i passed and only ended up using 13 hours of lab time
  • 13xl13xl Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here. I usually go for the Elite package just so I can download the slides and stick them on my iPad for later viewing. For my eJPT and eCPTP I probably used 15-ish hours combined of lab time. icon_sad.gif

In the future I may go for the middle package and save a couple of bucks....
  • nebula105nebula105 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Once you go Elite, you might regret going to the Full package for future courses :)

The lack of PDF format for the reading materials really irked me.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How do you get an invite for the smallest package? I'm on the fence on this cert (I want to do it, but not sure if I want to lay out $400 on it quite yet). I emailed eLearnSecurity, but no response yet.
  • bootboot Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    How do you get an invite for the smallest package?

Try one of these links from /r/netsecstudents: netsecstudents: search results - elearnsecurity

I didn't go entirely through the signup process, but I got a message about a correct code, and to log in to Caendra network. I already have PTS on my account, so I didn't go further.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    How do you get an invite for the smallest package? I'm on the fence on this cert (I want to do it, but not sure if I want to lay out $400 on it quite yet). I emailed eLearnSecurity, but no response yet.

People can gift them to you if they have the codes available. Usually people will receive those codes to gift if they've attended presentation webinars with limited access. I had one I was given for watching their live pentest webinar earlier this year. It was great to be a part of it, I think the first 100 that got signed up were given the code. As I didn't all ready have the PTS, I took the barebones invite for myself and went through all the slides. It's important to know, the barebones doesn't give you videos, PDFs, or lab access. So really, it's good material, but sort of felt incomplete. Not that I'm complaining, because it was free. My suggestion is to sign up for their newsletters and get into a webinar! They have another one they just sent out announcements for the other day that is going to be a live web-application security pentest. Going to be fun!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Awesome! Thank you much, boot! I just joined that subreddit, too.
    I went through their Burp Suite webinar the other day and am signed up for the upcoming one. I got one from the /r/netsecstudents link.

Thanks!