cisco 2501 ios version?

nicolas9510nicolas9510 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey just got my 2501 in the mail from good ole ebay.
the ios image is c2500-jk8s-l.122-1d.bin
i know that -js means entreprise ios but i was wondering if anyone knew what the specs of this image are?
dont really know how to phrase it. i might just goto ciscokits.com to get a 2503 with 12.3 ent ios, but i just wante your input before i do so.

Comments

• steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    It's an Enterprise Plus Ipsec 56 image
    Taken from:

Cisco feature navigator

Click on search by image and paste the image name. I would put the features in here but it's way too much for a post. icon_wink.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • nicolas9510nicolas9510 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    awesome. guess i lucked out when i got it from ebay.
    after reading the forums i saw that many said that entreprise 12.2 is the best?
    so is this like better or worse than the regular entreprise version?
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    awesome. guess i lucked out when i got it from ebay.
    after reading the forums i saw that many said that entreprise 12.2 is the best?
    so is this like better or worse than the regular entreprise version?

"Better or Worse?" is a very broad way of putting it. It all depends what you want your router to do, The IOS you use would have the feature set your business needs demanded.

You wouldn't need an enterprise IOS for a SOHO for instance but for a central office or ISP you cant do with much else. I would say it's a good IOS for your studies because it can take you further than your CCNA studies. icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • nicolas9510nicolas9510 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    perfect, just needed to know if it would take me through and maybe past ccna level
    thanks for the help