eLS PTP technical question

SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
Did anyone have a problem running Lab 4, the VA lab? I am unable to scan using Nessus from a windows base PC. I get an error about the interface used for scanning not supporting packet crafting.
OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SaSkiller wrote: »
    Did anyone have a problem running Lab 4, the VA lab? I am unable to scan using Nessus from a windows base PC. I get an error about the interface used for scanning not supporting packet crafting.

Make sure you are connected to the VPN.
  • chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check the ELS forums, you'll probably have much better luck getting it answered. The ELS admins will help you troubleshoot the problem.
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I validated, I scanned the machines with nmap before I tried to scan them with Nessus.
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did setup nessus in a kali VM and had no issues with that, so I assume it had something to do with either the system being a windows system or the fact that it wasn't going through a VM. I could try loading it in a windows VM for the heck of it to narrow it down, but then i'd have to get yet another nessus license.

Also for people doing this exercise, you WILL need to modify the aux module you download, I have instructions on the els forum. Also, in order to download it, find the module on google, on github, then just click "raw" to get the code alone and use curl to pull that down.
  • Skyyyyy2001Skyyyyy2001 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    run nessus from kali vm - connect via openvpn, you never go wrong.