QOS 642-642 Exam - Update PASSED

Well Ive been down a dark hole studying the last few weeks, I got the exam booked for Friday, any last minute tips ? I hope I get this one first time, as I could sell the books as an alternative to a sleeping pill! I couldnt face a reread!
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.

Comments

• EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    Well Ive been down a dark hole studying the last few weeks, I got the exam booked for Friday, any last minute tips ? I hope I get this one first time, as I could sell the books as an alternative to a sleeping pill! I couldnt face a reread!

I enjoyed to study the Qos, probably you should hold off on selling the QoS book until after the 31/12 as the bcran is the number one sleeping pill for the moment.Tips.. go over layer 2 again.
    Good luck!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I wont sell it anyway as I will keep it for CCIE ref, I like to hord books like that! I still have a load of old NT4.0 books on my shelf gathering copious dust.
  • mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    I suppose it's too late to mention it now, but if you found your QoS books to be sleeping pills - I'm guessing you don't have Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide by Odom & Cavanaugh.

Seriously, this is one of the very best Cisco books I've ever read.

Best wishes on the exam - and I look forward to your review.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    ok passed this today with a 933, on the third attempt...the last two attempts werent a fail on my part but a failure by Prometric to deliver it twice... First time back in Sept it wouldnt download so I had a voucher, went back in October, and this time the pc crashed and the idiot at the centre couldnt get it working!!! so after much complaning and thinking I was jinyxed I got a refund and went back to VUE instead - further to travel an costs more but well worth it!!

So should have had this 2 months ago but work and Prometric got in the way, maybe I should sue them!! lol -

No but seriously, rather easy exam, nothing to hard, sims very easy, although I had one of those rediculous multipart ones I hate so much!!! constantly flicking between parts to read it, I also had a random question that had connection to QOS what so ever! so good to see the outsourced test writers have good qaulity control.

Used the Qos Exam cert guide - yawn but good content, the Cisco E-Learning Netg CBT and labs, and home labs.

Best source is the E-learning, honestly guys and gals, if you work for a Cisco gold/silver partner harrass your boss for E-Learning access on your CCO, Its free and very good and comprehensive, better than learnkey etc.

Now on to SND which is next week then BGP+MPLS combined gulp
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Yeah, congrats! SND shouldn't be too bad, but BGP+MPLS is all you my friend icon_eek.gif
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good one,i definitely agree with you about the simlet questions,its not that there difficult its just stressful jumping windows under time.Definitely i think mpls+bgp combined is the way to go,it will be hard going for sure but i ended up having to revise bgp for the mpls exam anyway, so better to do two at once.At least you got the 2 refunds,i paid for my mpls exam twice as i forgot about the date and had a nice no show, that was a little annoying to say the least.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congratulations Wildfire icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    wildfire wrote:
    then BGP+MPLS combined gulp
    icon_eek.gif
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    i paid for my mpls exam twice as i forgot about the date and had a nice no show, that was a little annoying to say the least.
    I'd usually had a couple exams scheduled and paid for, so that was always one of my "exam fears" -- so I always had the scheduled exam web page printout posted in my study area and I'd always try and make sure I kept my electronic calendar updated

My 2nd greatest fear was showing up for an exam and finding out I studied for the wrong one. icon_lol.gif

Luckly I never did neither.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!