Need help in Configuring Office365

HI,

One of our client got a domain in Godaddy and he bought Office365 business account in 1and1.com. Is it possible to point domain to office365 without transfering ?.

Thank You

Comments

• PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Thing is that I cant find "Domains" Section under settings on O365.

I cant able to login to the GLobal administrator also.

The Current user role is :
    "Password administrator
    Service administrator"
    If it is missing from the left menu, try typing it in the search box on the Home screen. Just type "Domains" and hit search.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    i just get ***.onmicrosoft.com.
    No option to create new domain.,

License - O365 Business Essentials
    It does sound like you aren't logged in as the top administrator level. Did you setup the account for them or did they configure it and now you're coming in to configure the domain?
    They Just bought from the 1and1.com and gave me the details. After I logged in the 1and1 account, I can login to the O365 from there. Domain is not added yet. It is still in domain.onmicrosoft.com
    After contacting 1and1,

Please be informed that you have two options regarding domain use in Office 365 by 1&1.
    First option would be to fully transfer your domain from GoDaddy to 1&1 and migrate your email accounts to Office 365.
    Second option would be to create email accounts (setup Office 365 licenses) using a free .onmicrosoft.com domain with 1&1 Office 365 and configure your existing email accounts in the Outlook desktop application.
    Ah, that sounds like they might have their own restriction if they bought from 1and1 directly. I've used 1and1 before and they do seem to like tying people down more. I've not used them since I found that out.

From what you've been given, it sounds like you'll have to decide between moving the domain to 1and1 (if you do, make sure you manage it, not 1and1 for you, as they are notorious for taking a long time to update records) or using the onmicrosoft domain already configured.

Unfortunately it does sound like 1and1 have locked down the domain aspect in Office 365 on their (Partner) level, which is higher than Admin.
    Yes, You are correct. THey have locked down the domain. 1and1 is not that great ....