C170 Performance Assessment I'm stuck sql fiddle won't work.

I'm stuck on exercise 3 on the performance assessment. I build code to create 4 tables. I enter it in SQLfiddle and it keep saying either Gateway time out or "Can't create database 'db_9_d073b'; database exists". What does that mean ya'll? I'm stuck at this part and so frustrated. In the video the coarse mentor did it so easily in SQLfiddle without any problems. When I do it it keep getting that error. Can any body help me?

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try to create and use your own database with your own name, not sure if fiddle allows that.

I did everything with a local mysql installation in order not to depend on such crap.
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    I install mysql but SID application doesn't have any database in it. What am I doing wrong?
    gespenstern I got mysql to work. Now do i use the scratch database?
    So I created a DATABASE and put 5 tables in there. But when I use "Select * from customers" to view a table. Nothing comes up.
    Hard to tell. I'm assuming you are on Windows. In this case you can launch cmd.exe, go to the directory where mysql executable files are, launch mysql with the user/pass you supplied during installation.

Then you create database (look up this command's precise syntax in the course).

Then do 'use database yourdatabasename'.

Then proceed as usual, creating/manipulating/accessing tables and entries.
    I got it working. I use DESCRIBE and it worked. Thanks man for suggesting using mysql.
    So I created a DATABASE and put 5 tables in there. But when I use "Select * from customers" to view a table. Nothing comes up.

You are probably not in the right DB. Change it using 'use database name' command.
    Okay I got it. Thank you sir.
  • unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you ever find out why SQL Fiddle didn't work? I know my code is correct and I keep getting the same messages.
    Yeah SQL Fiddle site is always down. I tried to do my home work and I get gateway time out all the time. That sucks.