Does a Data Entry job consider any IT expereience that i can put on my resume?

Hi found some Volunteermatch listing for Data Entry. I'm trying to build my resume from scratch right now. I am thinking about doing it this job, but does it count for any IT experience?

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Data Entry? No. It is only job experience...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Would it look good on my resume? even though I'm trying to make my resume IT focus?
    Well, that you worked.
    So hard to find IT volunteer jobs. I only found a handful (3-4). icon_cry.gif It's so rare or something.
  • CardboardCardboard Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Data Entry is absolutely ZERO for true IT experience. Look for jobs in Desktop Support. Not help desk, but desktop support. Reloading OS's on computers. Installing programs, backing up and restoring user files, repairing PC's, installing printers, etc. That's your first step to get real IT experience.
    So Helpdesk and Desktop are two different type of jobs? I thought it was the same i was wrong.
    totally different. Data Entry is administrative/office work. Help Desk is phone support (at least for the tier 1) Desktop support you are face to face with the customer and the desktop (or remote)
    And the customers (from Desktop support) are usually in the company that your working for right? So if i work at Acme inc then i would serve employee from Acme inc, is that correct?
    It all depends if the person is a contractor or hired directly with the company. What does that have to do with Data Entry? LOL
    Hey look at this listing. Does it counts as IT experience? I might apply if the answer is yes.

IT Tech Assistant Intern

Acme inc.
    Last online 1 hour ago

Compensation

$10 Hourly
    Employment Type

Full-Time

IT Tech Assistant Intern
    Do you have the willingness to learn and gain experience? This is a great internship opportunity for you! We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Tech Assistant.
    Our company is an established IT consulting company based out of Los Angeles, CA. We provide MSP to small and medium sized business in LA, NY and OC areas.

Duties and Responsibilities of a Tech Assistant include, but are not limited to:
    · Organize technologies
    · Build rentals
    · Perform weekend moves and cleanups
    · Deliver/ pick-up rental equipment and/or software
    · Sell used equipment on eBay or other platforms
    · Test and refurbish old equipment
    · Build networks
    Desired skills:

· Knowledge of Windows operating systems
    · Experience with computer and OS troubleshooting
    · Familiarity with IT hardware and software network
    · Experience in customer service

Qualities we look for in Tech Assistant:
    · Attention to detail
    · Strong minded and can handle multiple projects
    · Fast learner
    · Excellent communication skills
    · Follows directions well
    · Ability to efficiently solve problems

Compensation:
    · $10.00 hourly

This is a part-time or full-time temporary employment position (6-12 months) with an opportunity to evolve into a full-time permanent employment position for the right person with our stable and growing organization.

Please email us your resume to be considered for an interview.

About Network Entourage:

We are an established IT consulting company based out of Los Angeles, CA. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with Mac/PC/Networking/Server Experiences to come join our team. Our Company provides MSP to small and medium sized business in LA, NY and OC areas.
    This position provides information system solutions and technical support in one or more areas including personal computer/client server support, systems programming, telecommunications and network support, and administration.
    Seriously? Take it, if you can afford it.
    Is it related to IT though?
    Yes..it is related.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Experience, yes, IT Experience, Not really.... You'd have to embellish a lot.