What are your favorite job sites? Indeed, monster, career builder .... etc?

What are your favorite job sites? Indeed, monster, career builder .... etc? When you look for a job which site do you use the most?

Comments

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I prefer Indeed.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Top 2:Ziprecruiter and Indeed.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I use Glassdoor to read reviews.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've found my last 3 jobs through jobsite.co.uk here in the UK.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Indeed mostly these days.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Indeed 99% of the time. I've perused LinkedIn's jobs section but don't like the absence of search granularity.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Indeed. I checkout Dice every once in a while, but never find anything that's a good fit.
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    I just started using Ziprecruiter and it has feedback when the hiring manager view my application. That's one thing that indeed doesn't have, that i wish they have.
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    What you guys think of linkedin premium job feature is it worth it?
  • CiscoASA2202CiscoASA2202 Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Found my first job using zip recruiter, found everything else through dice.com

Tech Jobs | US Contract and Permanent IT Jobs | Dice.com
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Craigslist and backpage.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    devilbones wrote: »
    Craigslist and backpage.

They said for jobs not hookers. ;)

You might be making the mistake of assuming devilbones' profession...
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□

Well, that kind of depends on what kind of job you had in mind....
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thomas_ wrote: »
    You might be making the mistake of assuming devilbones' profession...

Complete thread derail approved. I always knew the "H" in C|EH meant something else.
  • Accurs3DAccurs3D Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I prefer Indeed most of the time because of the sheer amount of postings available and the different options for search granularity. Glassdoor is good for reviews of the company, but you should always take those with a pinch of salt.
  • LA2LA2 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Indeed. However, I've noticed that many recruiters seem to respond fairly quickly when i apply to a position on LinkedIn.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you search jobs sites like indeed or monster, for you next job, your doing it wrong. Employers only use job boards to fill positions that are difficult to fill, and usually only after not enough applicants apply to the companies career web site. Find out what employers you would like to work for and watch there career web sites for openings. Indeed is ok if your just curious, but if your seriously looking, I would concentrate my efforts on specific employers job websites. Web sites like Indeed or Monster are littered with recruiters and staffing agency postings, with an employers web site you know who your applying to, no recruiters, no contracting jobs with no benefits, no fake ads, no bait and switch.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Last job and my "new" one I just landed - LinkedIn.

I forget how I found my job at Logica/CGI back in 2010.

I've been in IT 13 years now - not a single job I've landed has been through an actual recruitment agency...
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've vowed that when it's time for my next job it will be through word of mouth or email--possibly by LinkedIn messaging.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • zeitgeist29zeitgeist29 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Top 2:Ziprecruiter and Indeed.

I just checked out ziprecruiter and it will change my life.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Last 4 jobs I've gotten off LinkedIn but next go around I'll check out Indeed and Ziprecruiter.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    I've found my last 3 jobs through jobsite.co.uk here in the UK.

i always thought there wasnt much difference between jobsite and indeed, would i be right.
    @TechGromit - I get what you're saying and I went through the job sections of 300-400 different company's websites looking for and applying to jobs the last time I was searching for a job. I ultimately ended up getting a job that i found through Indeed. There are people who say if you look at any job board whether it's the company's job board or the likes of Indeed, then you're doing it wrong because you should be so well networked that you get offered a position before it's even advertised(unless it's a mandatory requirement that it's advertised of course.)