Options

CCNP SP certification

ricardo_r7ricardo_r7 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm starting to study for the CCNP SP, I'll start with the SPROUTE exam. My question to this forum is more about the CCNP SP cert itself, why is it not much information about it in this forum? seems that people is not interested in pursuing this certification track?

any thoughs?

Comments

• Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd love to do it, seems like it would be more useful than routing and switching for my current job, just don't know where to start with putting together a training plan. For that reason, I'm doing routing and switching first.
  • Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    ricardo_r7 wrote: »
    I'm starting to study for the CCNP SP, I'll start with the SPROUTE exam. My question to this forum is more about the CCNP SP cert itself, why is it not much information about it in this forum? seems that people is not interested in pursuing this certification track?

any thoughs?

Most people go for the CCIE SP as its 2 exams (and hard exams at that) the move from CCNA SP to CCNP SP is very expensive and the amount of material available is very small compared to the CCIE SP.

Also Cisco does not seem to really care about the SP side of things, most ISP`s would receive in house training on things like MPLS,BGP etc.... From Cisco rather than pursue the cert itself.

And lastly back to the exams being expensive to complete ccna and ccnp SP is going to cost about 1800USD
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also hold CCNP-SP ( started back when it was CCIP) and for me working in normal enterprise it was a necessity to have a clear understanding of BGP, QoS and MPLS technologies. This is why most pursue it. Its for the most part the same gear needed for RS outside of the XR images but you can run XRv which will do most everything you need to study. You could use the same materials from INE for SP IE
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons