Passed CCSK - Perspective and Pointers

jgangeles92jgangeles92 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Afternoon everyone,

I've been a long time lurker in this forum and just wanted to post my first contribution.

Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, provided by Cloud Security Alliance
I have four years of cyber security experience, but none of it was relevant to cloud. I YOLO'd this test because at $345 you get 2 attempts. I believe the test was very easy. Of the multiple choice questions some were obviously wrong which left a decision between 2 possible answers. I didnt feel as if the test was very confusing like a SANS test, it was very straight forward no tricks. The 90 minute time allotment was more than enough to research questions that i wasnt 100% sure on. Although my experience is not directly with cloud, alot of fundamental, good practice, security principles still apply. I would say that if you are comfortable with security and know best practice go ahead and give this certification a try.

The coursework itself is, developed by the Board of Cloud professionals over at Cloud Security Alliance and is a very good baseline for fundamentally sound cloud security. Regardless of certification, if you are considering moving into Cloud Security, this is a good place to start. It really translates enterprise -> cloud. Thank you have a good one!

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Afternoon everyone,

I've been a long time lurker in this forum and just wanted to post my first contribution.

Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, provided by Cloud Security Alliance
    I have four years of cyber security experience, but none of it was relevant to cloud. I YOLO'd this test because at $345 you get 2 attempts. I believe the test was very easy. Of the multiple choice questions some were obviously wrong which left a decision between 2 possible answers. I didnt feel as if the test was very confusing like a SANS test, it was very straight forward no tricks. The 90 minute time allotment was more than enough to research questions that i wasnt 100% sure on. Although my experience is not directly with cloud, alot of fundamental, good practice, security principles still apply. I would say that if you are comfortable with security and know best practice go ahead and give this certification a try.

The coursework itself is, developed by the Board of Cloud professionals over at Cloud Security Alliance and is a very good baseline for fundamentally sound cloud security. Regardless of certification, if you are considering moving into Cloud Security, this is a good place to start. It really translates enterprise -> cloud. Thank you have a good one!

Thanks for the tip, I may take this exam next year!
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    $345 for 2 attempts? Do you have a link to this cause on Pearson VUE's site, I am seeing $549
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you name some question banks that you may have used?
  • TermlearTermlear Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations jgangeles92 on passing the exam!

I have some questions about it and I cannot seem to find answers anywhere: Does it test the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM)? And if so, in what detail?

I know the official course material includes only the CSA guidance v3.0 and the ENISA document. Still I have seen practice questions that ask about the architectural reference of several of the controls in the CCM.

Thanks in advance.