Question

Lili37Lili37 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
I apologize in advance if this is not allowed here, and if that's the case, I kindly request that the moderators delete this question.

For those who passed the CISSP exams, are you guys willing you sell your books?
Thank you

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lili37 wrote: »
    I apologize in advance if this is not allowed here, and if that's the case, I kindly request that the moderators delete this question.

Thank you

Thats a perfectly fine question but the books are cheap enough already I'd doubt it if anyone wants to sell them. My book is the old CISSP Shon Harris bible, even if i sold it, it has outdated material now.
  • djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lili37 wrote: »

Thank you

I think most end up keeping them for future reference books as well. I've definitely kept all of mine.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They are rather cheap book. 40$ each one... Selling them with transport fee, would be to much of an hassle unless you live near someone.

Perhaps you can ask your company to put those books on your expense report.

Anyway, if you don't have the money for 2-3 40$ books, how will you pay for the exam :) If your company will pay it, they shouldn't object to pay for 2-3 books instead to send you to training class. It is in their best interest that you succeed.

In last resort, if you only need them for reading once and not really studying, you can borrow them in a library. Sometime, most library have access to some kind of Safari Books online account. (we do in Quebec, Canada).
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amazon has used books available on their website. That might be an option, assuming the book is for the current exam.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with NavyMooseCCNA. Amazon has a variety of used books that will be more cost effective for you. I'm keeping mine for an occasional refresher of content.