Taking CSA+ Tuesday

dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
Taking CSA+ Tuesday and haven't studied yet. Ugh. I did go through the Skillsoft CSA+ course a few months ago but that's it. I just figured I have a bunch of entry level certs then the CISSP. Needed something to fill that gap in between so figured I would knock out the CSA+. Hopefully it doesn't knock me out...lol. Wish me luck!

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    Taking CSA+ Tuesday and haven't studied yet. Ugh. I did go through the Skillsoft CSA+ course a few months ago but that's it. I just figured I have a bunch of entry level certs then the CISSP. Needed something to fill that gap in between so figured I would knock out the CSA+. Hopefully it doesn't knock me out...lol. Wish me luck!

I took the beta last year. Just looked at the exam blue print and figured, eh, it's worth a shot. If you have experience in the technologies then you should be more than fine.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed the CSA+ today. Much harder than I had anticipated. I didn't study and my score reflected it (774) but it was enough to pass.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! Like a boss.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats !!! Pass is pass.
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• fproctorfproctor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any tips on what to study and what caught you offguard?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! what did you think about the exam? I hear from people it is CompTIA's version of the CEH
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! what did you think about the exam? I hear from people it is CompTIA's version of the CEH
    Definitely is not similar to CEH. More as CCNA Cyber OPS.
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

Without violating NDA I will say that I would be familiar with commands (both input and output). Stuff like 'what would this command do', or what does this output tell you type of thing. There was other stuff too but seemed like I had more of that than anything. But then again I know with the CISSP some people got overloaded with one domain while others hardly had anything from that same domain.

As far as studying, I really didn't. There isn't much material out there. I have access to Skillsoft through work but I went through it about 3 months ago and don't remember much of it. I just kind of winged this test thinking it would be easier than it was.
  • TwoJTwoJ Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Without violating NDA I will say that I would be familiar with commands (both input and output). Stuff like 'what would this command do', or what does this output tell you type of thing.

If I may ask, are you referring to commands that would be used in Nmap and netstat?
    And any other tool you can think of. Just be familiar with them and understand what a command does and how to interpret the output. I will say I don't have a bunch of experience in this area but do understand fairly well how to interpret commands. Most of my experience is in vulnerability assessment and access control. I have never been an analyst but did learn quite a bit and did some in school 10 years ago
    Just found a link to this in my email. I was planning on GTS Learning, but this looks attractive as well. I have the 2 books available so... Decisions...
    Save 49% on the CompTIA CSA+ Deluxe Bundle
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    Just found a link to this in my email. I was planning on GTS Learning, but this looks attractive as well. I have the 2 books available so... Decisions...
    Save 49% on the CompTIA CSA+ Deluxe Bundle
    Thats what I bought. I did a few sections of certmaster but it was pretty worthless to me. I don't think it helped me at all but I do think having the free retake helped me mentally though.
    Thats what I bought. I did a few sections of certmaster but it was pretty worthless to me. I don't think it helped me at all but I do think having the free retake helped me mentally though.

Can you explain why you found it worthless and unhelpful? Was it un-realistic in prepping you for the exam, was it too easy given your experience, or something else?
    It was relevant to the material but it was probably more me than anything. I got too bored with it and didn't read why I missed the ones I missed. And I had quite a few questions with commands and output and don't think I saw any of that on Certmaster. To me it was more of just practice tests and no real material explaining things but that was my take on it.
  • deathbatcountrydeathbatcountry Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□

I am currently studying for CSA+ and I got the Certmaster deluxe bundle with the retake.. Jesus Certmaster is worthless.. The questions are absolutely terrible, and the explanations are even worse.
    Yep. Kinda my thoughts too.