Options

To composite or not to composite

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
Hi guys,

I want to get my CCNA, hopefully by the end of this year.

About 3 years ago I passed the CCENT 640-822 but left it too long and that expired.

I have been studying on and off for the new ICND1 and the older one 100-101.

My question is, should i go for the composit this time around?

Thanks in advance.
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I always suggest the composite. You have to learn it all anyway and less trips to the testing center the better. Not like getting the CCENT does much for you career wise.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Thats what a few of my colleagues at work were saying. Plus even though my old CCENT has expired my current employer doesn't seem to mind.
  • Options
    labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just take the single exam, if you split it up they are more specific/intensive with their questions because you're getting twice the amount of questions when you split the exam.
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    I definitely prefer taking them separately.
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the composite and I thought it was the right move. Only one test to worry about and you get the CCNA right away which will help you right away when it's time to job hunt.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going for the composite! I read both books and i have ICND2 CBT nuggets video left. I'm scheduling my exam right now and dedicating the next few days directly!
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • Options
    cisco4lifecisco4life Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd also recommend the composite.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at getting the full exam done.
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go for the composite since you've already seen how to the CCENT exam is structured and you've had 3 years of additional work experience to add to it. The CCENT is truly for someone who is just starting off with the networking.