Professional Associations and Memberships

devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
What are you part of? Here is are some associations that I give money to annually or volunteer and am considered a member.
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Association of Information Technology Professionals[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]InfraGard San Diego Chapter [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif](ISC)2 CISSP Member[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker[/FONT]

Comments

• shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is a great list. I am looking to join a ISC2 chapter, but my local area does not have one. Are we allowed to join chapters remotely?
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IEEE Computer Society, Antenna and Radio Propagation Society and Communications Society.

Have only been a member for a few months, and don't know other local members yet, but the online resources alone are amazing. It's like discovering Google for the first time. All kinds of books and articles on stuff like SONET ring, SDH, SS7, acoustics, 4GLTE and 5G wireless, stuff like that. Computer Society members also get free access to the SkillSoft library for cert training. It's a bit overwhelming, but if I can learn to focus, will teach me way more than I learned in college.
  • DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Computer Society members also get free access to the SkillSoft library for cert training.

Its why I joined. Also can get you college credits. ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Infragard is a good one. Takes awhile to get approved.
  • SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Blucodex wrote: »
    Infragard is a good one. Takes awhile to get approved.

This, along with joining my region's Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force (ECTF) have both provided me with access to some pretty neat guest speakers and whatnot. Definitely cool.
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
  • BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    I'm with Infragard and our local ISACA chapter. I guess you could include FS-ISAC as well.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Diminutive wrote: »
    Its why I joined. Also can get you college credits. ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

Thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea.