When looking for a job on indeed should I specifically look for desktop job that....

When looking for a job on indeed should I specifically look for desktop job that....list the A+ Cert? Like "Comptia A+ is prefer.", or "Network+ is prefer!"
Question 1. Do I just apply anyways? Weather it say they want it or not?

Question 2.Will I be more likely to get a call back with the listing that say an A+ prefer or would it not matter?

What is your opinion?

Comments

• zeitgeist29zeitgeist29 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I were you I would apply to all of them. If it says its something they prefer, great, if not don't worry. Try ziprecruiter too, they have a lot of good postings. I think if they prefer a cert then your chances increase. Only way to find out is to apply. How much experience do you have? I would look for some NOC tech jobs too.
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    I have no experience. I would love a NOC tech job.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would apply to as many jobs as possible that cater to you interests and skill set. There are many company requirements that are just a laundry list on the typical job descriptions. The ideal candidate most of the time will have most of these skills but not necessarily all of them. This is a case by case scenario of course. You won't know till you try. The best approach when you have little to no experience is to sell yourself on how your passionate about technology while seeking out to increase your knowledge with certs and volunteer experience to pad your resume (libraries, charities, churches, etc.)

Best of luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Thanks Dakinggamer87. I have a question volunteer work doesn't have to be IT Focus to look good on my resume?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks Dakinggamer87. I have a question volunteer work doesn't have to be IT Focus to look good on my resume?

I would definitely try to align it with an IT focus as it will help build your technical skills, networking connections, and potential future opportunities. It will show future employer prospects your career focus while opening up more doors.

An example could be setting up a network or setting up workstations. These skills can be a great starting point no matter where you go in the IT field.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    That's great thanks for the advice.