Passed on Saturday!

KylegamingKylegaming Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, long time viewer first time poster.

I wanted to thank everyone here for their posts. Helped me know what to study and what not to. Here's my story.

I scored a 750. I found the exam to be very hard and confusing. I read exam cram(which I don't feel I learned much from it), the purple network+ book by Keith(which I read 3-4 times), I watched professor messed 2 times and took notes using the objectives sheet, cut nuggets(which I found to be horribly unhelpful and confusing), 3HR long YouTube video with monotone voice. I also went over my objectives several times, if I didn't understand something I wikid it. I have taken and passed both 701-702 and 801-802 A+ tests. I have no background in networking. But I have worked as a computer tech for several years. The test can be passed with no hands on experience but it isn't easy. Now I'm on to ether sec+, ccna or my associates degree. Probably degree.

Comments

• A+ QuizzicalA+ Quizzical Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bud, good luck with your next cert and/or degree.:)
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • parbatparajuliparbatparajuli Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man, and good luck on sec+ and your degree.
  • ThePuterGeekThePuterGeek Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What is next?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F