Multiple certification difficulty ranking

jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi all,

i've noticed that some members who's done the CISSP holds multiple certifications. now, i know that each exam is different but i'm curious as how YOU would rank the difficulty of the different certs compared to the CISSP. hoping you'd indulge me on this. =)

ie. CISSP - 9/10, CEH - 7/10, etc. etc.

Comments

• dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CISSP 11/10 lol
    CSA+ 7.5/10
    Sec+ 6/10

just my assessment. i don't have CEH and have never taken the test so can't say
  • jelevatedjelevated Member Posts: 139
    CISSP 10/10
    ISACA Various 9/10
    CEH 7/10
    GIAC Various (7/10)

CISSP wins purely because of the time aspect. Six hours is a long time, you have to either know everything enough to condense the time down, or train yourself for the long haul.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Below are my rankings... i'm not sure if i would consider them difficult maybe its my lack of interest.

CRISC 9/10
    CISA 8/10
    ITIL 8/10
    CISM 7/10
    CISSP 4/10
  • djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cissp 7/10
    ccsp 8/10
    cisa 6/10
    cism 7/10

A lot of this more reflects my work experience and interests at the time than just the pure difficulty necessarily.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP - 10/10
    CISM - 8/10
    CRISC - 7/10
    ITIL - 3/10

I studied WAY too much for the ITIL.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP 9/10
    PMP 9/10
    CCNP 8/10 (b/c it's 3 separate exams)
    CCDP 7/10
    CCNA 6/10
    CCDA 5/10 (no simulations)
    CCENT 6/10
    NET+ 5/10
    SEC+ 5/10
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP 10/10
    CCNP:RS 9/10
    CCNA:SEC 6/10
    CCNA:RS 5/10
    CCENT 5/10
    Sec+ 6/10
    A+ 3/10
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vcp6 9/10
    pmp 8/10
    crisc 8/10
    cobit 5
    pmi-acp 7/10
    emcisa 5/10
    csm 4/10
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisa 5/10
    cissp 8/10
  • jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    big thanks to everybody who shared.

let me elaborate more on this (quite) trivial but very informative question. It was my first time taking a certification course, and i would like to gauge which one i could go for next, whether i'm way over my abilities, or whether i'm right in the ballpark. it's also a good way to gauge my abilities. this is in no way a reflection of how hard or easy an exam is, but rather which exams pose the greatest difficulty to people with the same frame of mind. ie. Managerial people would find technical exams hard, while technical people would find them rather easy.

in a way, the CISSP is unique because it tries to marry the Managerial and the Technical. it's good to see a quite consistent review of the different (but related) certs specific to our never-ending search for betterment.
  • OztexsOztexs Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    really 8/10 for ITIL and 4/10 for CISSP ?

ITIL can be learnt over a weekend
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was thinking the same thing when I read that, but perhaps he's referring to the intermediate or expert level.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took a 3 day ITILv3 Foundation course and on the last day I sat for the exam. It took a couple of weeks to get the results back, but I passed with flying colors. I also have a friend that's an ITIL Expert after passing their MALC exam. He passed that exam after a 1 week crash course. In my opinion, the CISSP outweighs any level of ITIL examination.
  • Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP 7/10
    Security+ 2/10
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    OSCP 10/10
    CASP 7/10
    CISSP 6/10
    CEH 3/10
    CSA+ 3/10
    Sec+ 2/10
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • ddaygloddayglo Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISSP 10/10 (this is a guess, I haven't taken it yet)
    CISM 8/10 (more of a mindset, thinking about management and risk 100% of the time)
    CEH 5/10 (depending on experience)
    PCI-DSS 6/10
    CCSK 3/10 (it's open book)
    ITIL 2/10
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is obviously a very subjective topic - what one person considers difficult, another person might think is easier. It depends on each person's background, interests and level of focus+effort. If your goal is to simply coast through with what everyone considers "easy" you might find those skills(?) to be very common, and not worth getting certified on.
  • jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mbarrett wrote: »
    This is obviously a very subjective topic - what one person considers difficult, another person might think is easier. It depends on each person's background, interests and level of focus+effort. If your goal is to simply coast through with what everyone considers "easy" you might find those skills(?) to be very common, and not worth getting certified on.

i totally agree, hence i put in the qualifier how "YOU" would rank the exams. and seeing as how those who's passed the CISSP have some traits in common, we can get a rough estimate of how difficult a particular certification course is. the purpose is to see whether one is within one's limits.
  • nbkw3yxnbkw3yx Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNP 9/10
    PMP 8/10
    CAP 6/10
    CISM 6/10
    MCSE NT4 5/10
    CCNA 5/10
    CISA 4/10
    CCSK 3/10
    Certified SAFe 4 Scrum Master 2/10
    A+ 1/10
    ITIL Foundations 1/10