Mini-ITX case that accomadates ATX PSU

adrianmcmillanadrianmcmillan Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Day,

Can anyone here give me some technical specs on Mini-ITX boards. I want to purchase one and use it with a normal ATX power supply, however I cannot seem to find a case that accommodates the requested power supply except for one case.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=466

Does an ITX case fit in a normal micro atx case? I just can't seem to find this information out. Can someone tell me what cases accommodates the Mini-ITX mainboards? This would be a great help. Thanks.

Comments

• TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Does an ITX case fit in a normal micro atx case? I just can't seem to find this information out. Can someone tell me what cases accommodates the Mini-ITX mainboards? This would be a great help. Thanks

Do you mean, does an ITX Mainboard fit in a normal size case? If so, yes. Does a normal mainboard fit in a ITX case? No.

I know Emachines sells the ITX computer setups. I have swapped the ITX mainboards into a bigger case and installed a bigger power supply for a customer before. But if you havent purchased an ITX motherboard yet, I would suggest against it if you are just going to throw it into a mid sized tower. The main reason to get a ITX motherboard and case is to save on size.

Good luck.
  • adrianmcmillanadrianmcmillan Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just going to clarify a bit more. I wanted to know if the ITX mainboard (Mini-ITX) would fit in a standard Micro ATX case and secondly, the board that I am looking at needs upwards of 350W of power.

http://www.mini-box.com/Jetway-Versa-J7F4K1G5D

The reason for MiniITX is to use it as a Linux server. It is cheaper to go with the board as everything is integrated and it is a more industrial PC, which means that the boards stick around a lot longer than normal ATX Motherboards. The power consumption is supposed to be less, however for this board and the type of server, the Drives and transcoding will be using a little more power than normal ITX cases.

You are correct with regards for size. The prototype I have is a 4U case. The application can utilize a smaller case which started me on my journey. I must thank you for the clarification and it may sound like a dumb question but a Micro ATX and even a Slim Micro ATX should work as well, am I right?