Passed!

Jtx3Jtx3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Second time was the charm for me. Thanks to everyone for your tips. I seriously want to start a campfire with all my study material.

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Jtx3 wrote: »
    Second time was the charm for me. Thanks to everyone for your tips. I seriously want to start a campfire will all my study material.

Congrats! I felt the same way.
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What did you use for study material????
    Anything you reccomend?
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • xdbuixxdbuix Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! CASP is a big deal!
  • CWalker76CWalker76 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took CASP on Friday and failed, I have two questions, for the simulation where they give you $75,000 to place devices to stop a an attack, where does those devices go. And second the SQL server attack, what do you have to modify in the ACL to stop the attacks? I had nine simulations and I got six right, and was unsure about the two above mentioned. This test was not overly complicated but I don't understand how I failed. Do I need to get all the simulations right?
  • Jtx3Jtx3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CWalker76 wrote: »
    I took CASP on Friday and failed, I have two questions, for the simulation where they give you $75,000 to place devices to stop a an attack, where does those devices go. And second the SQL server attack, what do you have to modify in the ACL to stop the attacks? I had nine simulations and I got six right, and was unsure about the two above mentioned. This test was not overly complicated but I don't understand how I failed. Do I need to get all the simulations right?

I dunno if I got the $75k question right either. For the SQL server attack, you have to look at the router and firewall logs to determine where the attack is coming from, then modify the ACL to deny that IP. You were on the right track, just look closely at the logs for the right IP.
  • apisky4apisky4 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many areas of review did you have listed? I just failed mine on the 3rd and want to know how close I was to passing.
  • l0rdraidenl0rdraiden Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jtx3 wrote: »
    I dunno if I got the $75k question right either. For the SQL server attack, you have to look at the router and firewall logs to determine where the attack is coming from, then modify the ACL to deny that IP. You were on the right track, just look closely at the logs for the right IP.
    CWalker76 wrote: »

How are the simulation test in the case of the SQL attack? is like a test where you choose the correct answer? of do you have to type commands in a simulator?
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations...icon_thumright.gif
  • DonTicoDonTico Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□