Is elearnsecurity courses worth to take for beginners?

aakashc1aakashc1 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to make my career in pentesting field. My future plan is to take OSCP course. But this course is not for beginners. I heard about elearnsecurity courses. I wanted to take 4 courses from there
1. eCPPT
2. eWAPT
3. eWAPTX
4. eMAPT

Does those above courses worth to take and make career in pentesting field? Can i get job on the basis of those courses?Please guide me and provide full info about those courses. My age is 27.

I am learning python language these days and then bash scripting after that and then linux to familiar with it.
Also i want to know is skipping rupy course from eCPPT is good or not?
In next year planning to take OSCP Course
Please guide me

Thanks

Comments

• adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    If you are really new, take the eJpt course. It's the cheapest and a great introduction to elearn and pentesting in general. Once you've finished it, you'll know what is next.

The most accepted path on this forum is ejpt>eccpt>oscp.
  • aakashc1aakashc1 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are really new, take the eJpt course. It's the cheapest and a great introduction to elearn and pentesting in general. Once you've finished it, you'll know what is next.

The most accepted path on this forum is ejpt>eccpt>oscp.
    Thanks
    I have PTSv3 course which was free. I am reading it but i am weak in c language.Should i still read that section?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    C programming is only mentioned in the exam but not tested.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    aakashc1 wrote: »
    I am learning python language these days and then bash scripting after that and then linux to familiar with it.

Thanks

Everyone else's advice is good. I would just recommend to reverse that order and learn Linux>Bash>Python.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Start with eJPT, its a great starter course but it's a hands on tools based course where you will answer questions. The exam is not hard if you've studied and did the labs.

The eCPPT course is a different story. It'll help if you know some C/C++, PHP and Ruby. Although they cover Ruby in the course.
    The test requires a written report, which they provide a sample of during the course.

Both exams have time limits.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • HausecHausec Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking eWAPT and it's difficult because the documentation does not reflect what you need to know for the challenges.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aakashc1 wrote: »
    My future plan is to take OSCP course. But this course is not for beginners. Thanks

Funny thing is the OSCP is actually considered a beginner pentesting certification. Don't skip any sections of the course, it's there for a reason. You also put the web app courses in that list, I'd suggest learning JavaScript, PHP and other web languages. It'll help you a lot in the long run.
  • aakashc1aakashc1 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to everyone.
    So, as python is already going on and learned some basics beside classes/oops and defactors
    Now as suggestions i will start soon learning linux then bash.
    For linux is LPIC 1&2 is better or Comptia Linux+ ? Because free videos on both available

About web app programming,I already know PHP(basics),JS(basics),MySQL(basics),HTML,CSS,
    Once i made vulnerable lab related to sql injection to practice though that website where i coded that lab and hosted there closed in 2014
    I already know website development.
    Thanks