Options

CEH Passed - June 30th

higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
Hi All,

Passed the CEH last week :0 Honestly this exam was much easier than I thought. What I used / did is below.

1. Matt Walkers 3rd edition book
2. I went to a 5 day training course that had the exam to take on the 5th day.

I will get there next level cert but I'm studying for my OSCP which I plan to put a couple of months aside for that one. Either way this cert (CEH) is good for people who want to enter the field and get their feet wet.

Comments

• Options
    Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Was the training course a bootcamp or the "official" EC-Council training?
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam... I been looking around for material to study. If you don't mind me asking what's the name of the book you mention?

I notice there's 2 version of his book which would it be?

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Ethical-Hacker-Practice-Exams-ebook/dp/B01NCAFOM9/ref=pd_sim_351_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6RTK7KKGDN5G6TW7BMTE

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Ethical-Hacker-Guide-Third-ebook/dp/B01KL1FVXI
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Thank you all!!

Louie, the first one is the practice exams, I used the second one, his all in one book for my study material. Very good book.

Congrats.

Was the training course a bootcamp or the "official" EC-Council training?

bootcamp from EC council trained instructors.
  • Options
    Arczi84Arczi84 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I passed that exam as well :) Now fighting with ECSAv9. This is really interesting training.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    billowsbillows Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I also passed it and now would go for oscp or even crest which seems to be much more interesting
  • Options
    jhl226116jhl226116 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job well done, Were they any multiple choice questions that required to select more than one answer?