Options

Tips for a newbie Network+

fishruntfishrunt Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I currently have no experience whatsoever in this material. I was wondering how and what I could do to get started in preparing for this exam. I started reading into this and would like some tips or material as to what I can do to expand my knowledge on the Network+ material.

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    lloris_20lloris_20 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just refer to the rest of the threads, you will find resources to study.

start off with prof messer videos and use a comptia study guide for N+.
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    fishrunt wrote: »
    Hello,

I currently have no experience whatsoever in this material. I was wondering how and what I could do to get started in preparing for this exam. I started reading into this and would like some tips or material as to what I can do to expand my knowledge on the Network+ material.

Thank you,

Youtube has a free Network + course. Professor Messer.

Just start watching those videos one by one. Best thing to do is allocate 1 hour per day M-F and 2 hours Sat-Sun. Don't be afraid to rewatch a video if you don't understand the material. Back when I learned subnetting, I had to watch the videos probably 4-5 times until I finally got it. lol.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could take a look at perhaps doing a MTA: Networking Fundamentals before going for Network+. I took the MTA last week and it has set me up nicely to continue into Network+. There is even a free video series over at ITPro.tv that they give for free on it.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert