ITIL V3 foundation + New member

MakeAeffortMakeAeffort Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good day all,

Passed my ITIL foundation exam yesterday, scored 95% in it.

A BIG thank you to Claire and others who have shared their valuable advice and suggestions here which helped me a lot.

Books I have referred to and definitely recommend them-
ITIL® Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need by Claire Agutter
Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations by Mark Thomas (Lynda.com)

What’s next cert is going to be - that’s the question I have been asking myself? Please, any suggestion would help me peruse my carrier goals in that direction. Currently, I am inclining towards ITSM but won’t mind getting others, considering only self-study options and foundation level certs for now.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work,

Comments

• PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well if you're looking to continue ITIL, then I would suggest Practitioner, to get what you've learned into practice while it's still fresh in your head. ;) It also leads nicely into the Intermediate courses.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maybe consider doing the Lean IT certification series. It should go hand-in-hand with ITIL.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • genxfinalrevisiongenxfinalrevision Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are looking for ones that you can self-study, Exin has an ITSM based on ISO20000 Foundation exam. COBIT is also self-study (I believe). At the same time, a collection of foundation/low-level certs is sweet resume bling but not as helpful as progressing through a discipline. I would not suggest ITIL Practitioner next but one of the lifecycle of capabilities exams as they have a little more weight on a resume (but they are not self-study, either).
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Thanks for the feedback on the book, I'm glad it was useful. From my perspective as a trainer, the courses that are most popular at the moment are DevOps Foundation, BRM Professional and SIAM Foundation. COBIT is also popular. These all have links to the ITSM space so might all be good options for you. Kind regards Claire