Passed the JNCIS-ENT..pretty basic stuff!!

crushboy18crushboy18 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everybody!!:D

I passed the JNCIS-ENT today & I should say the exam was pretty easy . All you need to ace it is the two wonderful study guides on the Fastrack Juniper portal! You also get a 50% discount on it so its a pretty good deal!
I did take some time to study for the exam but I should say its just similar in difficulty to CCNA so should be a cakewalk for someone who has some networking experience.

Goodluck to all who are planning to pass this exam!!
icon_wink.gif

Comments

• crushboy18crushboy18 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please also drop your suggestions on cracking the JNCIP-ENT .I am aware its a pretty new exam & there is little free study stuff out there if you want to self study! If you know if any good study resources & if you think the old JNCIP /JNCIS guides would be helpful in cracking it ,please let me know!!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! I've been meaning to go take this one myself.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I'll be writing the JNCIP-ENT in the next month to recert. I still haven't jumped into study mode, so I'm not sure what to recommend. I'll prolly be using the AJER and AJEX guides to study, but I don't think those are readily available to you via FastTrack. If you're referring to using the Sybex JNCIP / JNCIS guides, I don't think they will be of much help. I believe the JNCIP-ENT is switching heavy, and those books are all from the pre-switching days of Juniper. I would imagine a combination of the Enterprise Switching and the 2nd edition of the Enterprise Routing book should do the trick.

I'll let you know how my studying and test goes.
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    You can buy the official course materials off juniper.net, which are pricey but well worth the money if you can afford it. The AJEX (advanced switching) pack includes a free exam voucher too.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass!

I recently took the JNCIP-ENT exam and I actually have to say that it was one of the tougher written exams that I have taken. However, study the stuff that Zoidberg mentioned and you should be fine, just know that stuff really well. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the JNCIS-ENT pass! How long did you take to study the exam?

The JNCIE at work used the Juniper Enterprise routing and Juniper Enterprise switching books for the IP-ENT exam.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    thread necro, but how did y'all lab switching? I'm not exactly worried about theory/understanding (maybe a bit of MST boning up... hahaha) having built some pretty darned big Cisco LANs before but I don't want to be another 'paper' certed person. I'm using vSRXs so far, aiming for JNCIA very soon.

Also, side topic, how is the difficulty re: CCNP vs JNCIP or JNCIS? Is the JNCIS = CCNP then the JNCIP = somewhere between CCIE and CCNP, etc.
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, I can't understand how many exams one should pass to get JNCIS-ENT certification. Could you please explain it in brief.

Many thanks in advance.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • LuieLuie Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Enterprise Routing and Switching Certification Track - Juniper Networks

Each Juniper certification level is one test, and requires you to have completed the previous level cert in the same track. So for JNCIS-ENT, you have to pass JN0-102 to earn the JNCIA, and then EITHER JN0-343 (traditional EX software) OR JN0-346 (ELS software) to earn the JNCIS-ENT.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Luie wrote: »
    Enterprise Routing and Switching Certification Track - Juniper Networks

Each Juniper certification level is one test, and requires you to have completed the previous level cert in the same track. So for JNCIS-ENT, you have to pass JN0-102 to earn the JNCIA, and then EITHER JN0-343 (traditional EX software) OR JN0-346 (ELS software) to earn the JNCIS-ENT.
    Hi Luie,

I got JNCIA-JUNOS certification last year and now decided to move forward.

Which one would you recommend to prepare for JN0-343 or JN0-346?
    Best, sacredboy!
    Which JNCIS test you take really just depends on what hardware you think you'll be working on more. JN0-343 is the traditional software like that used on EX4550 and older switches. JN0-346 is for Enhanced Layer-2 Support software used on newer switches like the EX4300, EX4600 and QFX.

The software is roughly 75% the same, with the differences primarily being configurations for SVIs, DHCP relay, and STP & other layer-2 protocols. ELS is somewhat closer to MX software than traditional EX software.

If you work in a Juniper shop, it would make sense to have people familiar with both versions. If you're just earning it for yourself, it doesn't matter much which one you get - although if you plan on setting up a lab, I would recommend the JN0-343 since it will be much easier to get older switches.
  • mahbubciscomahbubcisco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Those who r preparing for Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP exam they can take the facility of Juniper Voucher with less price. If you interested you can ping me or skype mahbub808

Thanks
  • RE1RE1 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone post the links to the fast track PDF's for JNCIS-ENT exam or recommend any resources to study with. I have looked around but cant seen to find much.Thanks
    The fast track program is being reworked and should be released back again sometime this year, based on what I've heard. I've seen rumors they, or other similar guides, can be found in the wild but I don't know if that's true or where. Otherwise, you'd want to take the exam objectives and study for them out of 'JunOS Enterprise Routing' and 'JunOS Enterprise Switching' from O'Reilly. Both should be available on Safari Books.