Options

Auditing of work experience

cyclops-securitycyclops-security Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took exam on June 7th and passed.
Received official email that I passed exam on June 10th.
Email about endorsement documentation being received June 21st.
Got the email this morning that endorsement is still being processed and to wait the full 6 weeks. I was excited because according to others I would have gotten my congrats email in a day or two. Instead this afternoon I got an email saying my work experience is being audited. I am not worried because I have over 20 yrs of professional experience plus a college degree so this is just a formality I guess. I was just "lucky" to get selected.

So they ask for detailed description of my past duties as they pertain to the CISSP CBK. My resume has more than enough information for more than the 2 domains needed. But in order to keep my resume relatively short, the duties listed don't go into a lot of detail. Should I just put in a ton of detail for each item listed and have a 5 page resume? Should I list what section of the CBK it is pertaining to?? I do have letters from my past employers that document the time frame I worked there and the title I had.

Anyone else go through the audit process and can let me know how long it took once you sent in all your documentation? I want to start putting CISSP on my resume, business cards, LinkedIn etc.

Markus

Comments

• Options
    jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took exam on June 7th and passed.
    Received official email that I passed exam on June 10th.
    Email about endorsement documentation being received June 21st.
    Got the email this morning that endorsement is still being processed and to wait the full 6 weeks. I was excited because according to others I would have gotten my congrats email in a day or two. Instead this afternoon I got an email saying my work experience is being audited. I am not worried because I have over 20 yrs of professional experience plus a college degree so this is just a formality I guess. I was just "lucky" to get selected.

So they ask for detailed description of my past duties as they pertain to the CISSP CBK. My resume has more than enough information for more than the 2 domains needed. But in order to keep my resume relatively short, the duties listed don't go into a lot of detail. Should I just put in a ton of detail for each item listed and have a 5 page resume? Should I list what section of the CBK it is pertaining to?? I do have letters from my past employers that document the time frame I worked there and the title I had.

Anyone else go through the audit process and can let me know how long it took once you sent in all your documentation? I want to start putting CISSP on my resume, business cards, LinkedIn etc.

Markus

i have about 15years worth of experience varied across 7 of the 8 domains. What i did was i sent in my resume including a "Duties and responsibilities" section on each job/experience. and then outlined here the concerned CISSP domain and the number of years experience.

i asked for ISC2 endorsement, i didn't get audited.

you shouldn't have any problems getting the greenlight.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was audited after passing the SSCP. Once they received my documentation, they approved me within a few days. Don't sweat it. I think these things are random. I've known others who were audited and all were approved.
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know a couple of people that have been audited and their process was painless. Once you submit the requested documentation, it shouldn't take more than 5-7 business days to get your confirmation email. Congrats on passing and good luck!
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The information I submitted when I was audited was identical to the information I submitted after passing the test. They didn't ask for anything additional. That was odd.
  • Options
    cyclops-securitycyclops-security Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I gathered the required info and added a couple of signed letters from past employers stating the dates I worked and the title I had and sent this information to (ISC)2 on Friday evening. Got an email this morning at 8:51 alerting me to the fact that they received my submission and this new information was in the queue to be reviewed and they wouldn't say how long it would take to review. Then I received an email 8 minutes later saying congratulations and that I am now official!! I was expecting a delay of 4-5 days, not minutes....