CEH VUE or ECC Exams vouchers now cost a whopping $950.00! What is going on here?

xcopyxcopy Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
First of all I have my CEH, however this exam is way over priced IMO. I'm not sure what EC-COUNCIL is trying to accomplish here, maybe they want to raise the test cost so you will just take the official class training. I know the CEH is the only certification that is DoD Approved with DoDD 8570 as a baseline certification. I really hope it not about the money.
C|EH, CASP, C|DNA, ITIL, VCP6, MCITP:EA + others

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's one of the most requested if you do a search on Indeed.

2349 jobs when I did a wide open search.

Looks like a lot of position, not just security are requesting that, including solutions and infrastructure.
  • useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications [h=1]DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications[/h]

[TH="class: tblTitle, colspan: 7, align: center"]Table AP3.T2 Approved Baseline Cerifications[/TH]

IAT Level I

IAT Level II

IAT Level III

A+ CE
    CCNA-Security
    Network+ CE
    SSCP

CCNA Security
    GICSP
    GSEC
    Security+ CE
    SSCP

CASP CE
    CCNP Security
    CISA
    CISSP (or Associate)
    GCED
    GCIH

IAM Level I

IAM Level II

IAM Level III

CAP
    GSLC
    Security+ CE

CAP
    CASP CE
    CISM
    CISSP (or Associate)
    GSLC

CISM
    CISSP (or Associate)
    GSLC

IASAE I

IASAE II

IASAE III

CASP CE
    CISSP (or Associate)
    CSSLP

CASP CE
    CISSP (or Associate)
    CSSLP

CISSP-ISSAP
    CISSP-ISSEP

CSSP Analyst

CSSP Infrastructure Support

CSSP Incident Responder

CEH
    CFR
    GCIA
    GCIH
    GICSP
    SCYBER

CEH
    GICSP
    SSCP

CEH
    CFR
    CSIH
    GCFA
    GCIH
    SCYBER

CSSP Auditor

CSSP Manager

CEH
    CISA
    GSNA

CISM
    CISSP-ISSMP

• xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    CFR was 300 bucks last I checked (pre baseline certified)
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • xcopyxcopy Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Out of all the baseline certifications listed I believe CEH is twice as much as any of the other certifications. At the moment it doesn't carry the same status as an CISSP or CISM.
    C|EH, CASP, C|DNA, ITIL, VCP6, MCITP:EA + others
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was shocked as well when I saw the new price as of July.

It was $500 USD when I did it 2 years ago.

Makes me not want to let it expire that is for sure.
    It does cover 4 positions in the DoD requirements. There are a couple of other certs that cover 3 positions.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They got to keep raking that cash on the security gold rush!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i took it this week luckily work paid for it before the price hike! is it worthy of such a price tag not at all but for some it's a gateway into certain roles wrongly or rightly
  • Arczi84Arczi84 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, the price is really high now and if I understand it correctly there is also yearly membership fee.
  • dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good news, you can earn the Comptia CSA+ (Cyber Security Analyst) certification in lieu of the CEH. They just updated the baseline certifications list for the CSSP roles. It is a much less expensive path to go.

https://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • kluokluo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For my opinion, CEH is useless, Ec Council is lost my trust after the hack. I have my CEH, but I really learn something after I got my OSCP. DOD is recently recognized OSCP from Offensive Security. I believe OSCP will be the base line for DOD in the future.
  • BlueTeamRicBlueTeamRic Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was only $500 when I took the exam. Coming up for renewal next July but not sure I want to pay $900..OSCP is tempting, but will need a few more years experience under the belt before I consider that one!
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    kluo wrote: »
    For my opinion, CEH is useless, Ec Council is lost my trust after the hack. I have my CEH, but I really learn something after I got my OSCP. DOD is recently recognized OSCP from Offensive Security. I believe OSCP will be the base line for DOD in the future.
    It doesn’t require continuing education...not gonna happen. Also, they don’t have a physical presence in the U.S. so for the purposes of 8570...very unlikely.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    kluo wrote: »

I do not see any other performance based exams in the matrix, think of the DoD as Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino, he was about 15-20 years behind the times and it's going to take a whole heck of lot to change his ways.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Understand annual membership is $80. Amount is the same regardless of number of ECC certifications you have, so they are better in this aspect from say ISC2, ISACA and GIAC that charges you annual fee for each certification.

At $950, CEH is more expensive than CISSP at $699. Oh well.