Overseas IT jobs

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

One of my main goals is to live outside of the US for various reasons I will exclude in this post.

Do any of you work abroad or have or plan to?

What's the market like?
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    That's a very broad question mate, you gotta narrow it down to which country you're exactly interested in. The "market abroad" doesn't mean anything
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work for a company thats a DoD contractor. If youre into that stuff, have your certs, theres several options available to you, but you need a clearance for most of them. Only one will hire you on an interim - Vectrus. They have spots all over.

If you have a TS/Secret, GDIT, CACI, Arma, DynCorp, CSRA, PAE all have positions in Asia, Europe, Australia, and of course the middle east (Afghanistan/Iraq/Djibouti)

If you dont have anything, I doubt you'll have a shot making a really good wage (the USD is poor in some countries).

Worlds your oyster. Ive been look at Italy/Germany as my next duty location.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey all,

One of my main goals is to live outside of the US for various reasons I will exclude in this post.

Do any of you work abroad or have or plan to?

What's the market like?

i want to work in US, swap with me to asia ?
  • SpanSpan Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to broad - decide on the country where you want to work and then look at the needed skills and make sure your CV highlight those.