CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional Practice Questions

swish45swish45 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I've just completed studying the recently released CCSP CBK and was wondering if anyone has found any practice questions out there?

The questions at the end of each chapter in the CBK are OK, but only seems to test on a very small set of the official exam outline.

Having read the whole CBK, i'd say the content is quite repetitive and "boring" with very little real life scenarios.

Not too bad for a new release though...

Comments

• morbudmorbud Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also working toward the CCSP. Read CCSP CBK once and now going back thru 2nd time at a much slower pace. Same strategy I used for the CISSP and passed that one 1st time. Actually the chapter review questions are a deva vu to the CISSP material and test. As for practice questions , the isc2 is offering an on-demand training package at a very fair price that includes: Official (ISC)² CCSP student workbook (electronic version), Interactive flash cards, Post-assessment practice questions to gauge exam readiness, 120 days of access to the recordings and course content from time of purchase
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • swish45swish45 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks morbud.

I'm also currently going through the entire book at a slower pace second time around. Hoping to sit the exam in two weeks.

Not a big fan of domain 5: Operations Domain.

Alot of repetitive scattered information.
    morbud wrote: »
    Also working toward the CCSP. Read CCSP CBK once and now going back thru 2nd time at a much slower pace. Same strategy I used for the CISSP and passed that one 1st time. Actually the chapter review questions are a deva vu to the CISSP material and test. As for practice questions , the isc2 is offering an on-demand training package at a very fair price that includes: Official (ISC)² CCSP student workbook (electronic version), Interactive flash cards, Post-assessment practice questions to gauge exam readiness, 120 days of access to the recordings and course content from time of purchase
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's one reason why I did try to attempt this exam, I always need one exam simulation, after those simulations I begin to take notes of details I missed.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• gudguy1agudguy1a Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All, I also took this blasted exam and barely missed the cutoff.

It was as if I had not even studied for the bloody test.
    First, I am a long time CISSP and ISSEP. I've already gone through several VMware courses (specifically the NSX one). I've done the AWS SysOps class in Reston (expensive) and am halfway through the AWS Solution Architect (not so expensive through Udemy.com).
    I've been around the block in IT, InfoSec, voice and data communication and a good helping of virtualization and cloud.

Here is what I did. I very thoroughly went through that POORLY produced CBK book they seem to be proud of in collaborating with CSA. It still sucks (I have always despised ISC2 made books) - and YES, it is one of the most boring books ever (and I've had physics {calculus version} and multiple advanced college math classes {differential equations anyone}. It was bad enough to me that I commented about it when it came out and the publisher wrote back to me on what was wrong. I was incredulous and asked if they ready my critique... they did.
    Poor blurred images, as if a lazy undergrad made a blurry image and then made copies of that for a term paper.
    No color anywhere. -- The pages themselves are not good bright white material. --- They use the old font in the book but use a better font on the front and back cover. -- typos throughout --- inconsistent at times (CCSP vs CSP for the professional).

Now, after I failed this test, I went and obtained the latest CSA guide, v3.0 (the next one is not ready yet) at 177 pages (PDF) as well as the ENISA doc (125 pages). It seems that most of the content for the exam (or at least the exam version I took - they do rotate questions so you will not see all the same questions on the 2nd go 'round).

My advice, do as the others here commented on - read the book, do the interactive flash cards (at least twice for the test, study & learn modes) - and for sure, read the CSA guide and the ENISA doc.
    Sorry for the long rant but I was pissed about the book - it took me ~2 months to read it because it was so horrid. But, Good luck to you all.
  • gudguy1agudguy1a Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I did not complete a sentence, 2nd to last paragraph - I meant to state this:
    Now, after I failed this test, I went and obtained the latest CSA guide, v3.0 (the next one is not ready yet) at 177 pages (PDF) as well as the ENISA doc (125 pages). It seems that most of the content for the exam came from those two docs rather than the CBK book (or at least the exam version I took - they do rotate questions so you will not see all the same questions on the 2nd go 'round).

Also, I posted my book critique on Amazon for the book back in November (under Zeus).
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the review and comments.
    I was thinking of taking the exam, but the CBK book was out of stock.

As I understand, the CCSP is based on CCSK, which is base on the CSA and ENISA documents. So you may want to take CCSK exam as well.
  • swish45swish45 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gudguy1a wrote: »
    Sorry, I did not complete a sentence, 2nd to last paragraph - I meant to state this:
    Now, after I failed this test, I went and obtained the latest CSA guide, v3.0 (the next one is not ready yet) at 177 pages (PDF) as well as the ENISA doc (125 pages). It seems that most of the content for the exam came from those two docs rather than the CBK book (or at least the exam version I took - they do rotate questions so you will not see all the same questions on the 2nd go 'round).

Also, I posted my book critique on Amazon for the book back in November (under Zeus).

Spot on. Having flipped through the CSA guide and ENISA document, i to felt as if those guides were more relevant for the exam.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • hanyibmhanyibm Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hii Dear
    did you finish your CCSP Exam ?
    thanks
  • suntosunto Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I picked up the CCSP book right after taking the CISSP. It seems there's a lot of bleed-over. I realize there is a lot of new content relating to Cloud, but is the general agreement that there's much alignment?
    so you did not try the exam yet , do you know any source for review questions except CCCure please ?
    thanks
  • iotaiota Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the review and comments.
    I was thinking of taking the exam, but the CBK book was out of stock.

As I understand, the CCSP is based on CCSK, which is base on the CSA and ENISA documents. So you may want to take CCSK exam as well.

Sorry, I'm finding CSA and ENISA documents.

Can you please confirm the links are correct for studying?

According to https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/group/security-guidance/#_overview, the released date is 11/14/2011. -> https://downloads.cloudsecurityalliance.org/initiatives/guidance/csaguide.v3.0.pdf

In terms of ENISA document, is this one -> https://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/cloud-computing-risk-assessment - > https://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/cloud-computing-risk-assessment/at_download/fullReport

Thank you
  • pradeepvermapradeepverma Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can find sample CCSP questions on my blog here. I post at least 5 questions every week.

https://brimstonesystems.com/blogs/?category=Cloud Security

Regards,
  • iotaiota Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Pradeep
    thanks so much
  • LarryFormLarryForm Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you. I will use your strategy before retaking the exam which I failed with 694 points.
    You are the best. Thanks for completing your previous statement. I was like "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Hello Pradeepverma. I just went through the questions on your site (Week 1 through 5) and none of them look like what I saw on the CCSP exam but I could be see them at my next try. Can you please confirm these are actual CCSP exam questions?

Sincerely
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Are you serious? If he posted actual questions he would risk losing his certs. I highly doubt he wants that.
  • pradeepvermapradeepverma Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Larry,

Sorry for the delay in responding. As cyberguypr rightly mentioned, the confidentiality agreement that comes with the cert expressly prohibits disclosing the actual questions. The questions on my blog are representative of the level of the questions. As an additional resource you could join the CCSP prep group on LinkedIn which I administer. I post other resources that help in preparing for the CCSP exam and cloud security in general (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/10346502) . Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Pradeep