Questions regarding CompTIA Network+

renzyboirenzyboi Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I am planning to take my Network+ and might soon start studying the material.

I already have a CCNA(R&S) cert. Do you think it is still necessary for me to take the Network+?
Or should I just study and take the CCNP (R&S) track instead?

Also, my A+ cert was recently renewed and extended until July 2020 after I passed my Server+ recently.
If I take the Network+, will my A+ certificate get renewed for another 3 years (until July 2023)?

Thank you.

Comments

• CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your Server+ certification. I think you'll be better off going for the CCNP R&S. Taking the NET+ is for someone that's trying to understand the fundamentals of networking. You're surpassed that phase since you already hold the CCNA. I believe the CCNP R&S carries more weight than the NET+. In the U.S. the NET+ would be useful for someone working in the federal government because it's one of the DoD 8570.1 approved baseline certifications and the CCNP is not. Good luck!
  • Kend9388Kend9388 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No if you were to pass the Net+ exam it would just renew your lower A+ cert for 3 years from the date you passed the Net+. So it would still be 2020. Also, if you ever obtained the Net+ cert, your server+ can renew both the A+ and Net+ whenever you retake the server+ exam since it would be your highest level comptia cert.
  • bits pleasebits please Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kend9388 wrote: »
    No if you were to pass the Net+ exam it would just renew your lower A+ cert for 3 years from the date you passed the Net+. So it would still be 2020. Also, if you ever obtained the Net+ cert, your server+ can renew both the A+ and Net+ whenever you retake the server+ exam since it would be your highest level comptia cert.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe server+ is good for life.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe server+ is good for life.

This is correct.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert