MCITP Certification

Miq23Miq23 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am A+ Certified and having difficulty landing a desktop support position. A trainign center here says I should get the MCITP cert but I see that it retires very soon. Should I get the MCITP for the info or another cert???????? Help me please

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Where is here?

Do you have any IT experience?

Do you have a college degree?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Miq23Miq23 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In tennessee.
    I currently do very basic IT work
    No I do not have a college degree
  • ninjamarketingninjamarketing Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Miq23 wrote: »
    I am A+ Certified and having difficulty landing a desktop support position. A trainign center here says I should get the MCITP cert but I see that it retires very soon. Should I get the MCITP for the info or another cert???????? Help me please

If you want to stay with Microsoft, I would say you should be looking at a MCSA, or if you feel you're not ready for that, then at least a MTA. I have the MCITP and it never really comes up these days. I would say if you're looking to get into certification, Windows 10 is your best bet for a client, as it's similar enough to Windows 7 that a lot of skill is transferable. I'm currently studying for the first of two exams at the end of the month for it.

MTA is another area where you could look into to get a foundational level of knowledge. Something like this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/learning/exam-98-349.aspx
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just so you know, the MCITP title for Windows 7 was retired at the end of March. It could have been completely retired for every platform, but best to check with Microsoft.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yah there will always be entry certainly from Microsoft just under new names for the different versions. Check out mcsa for windows 10. Or the mta exams if you're really new.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All MCITP certifications are retired and have been for at least a year. I'd advise against giving any money to that training center.

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcitp-certification.aspx
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got MCITP:EDST on my transcript and I only passed it in March. I however didn't get it for passing 70-686:EDA. Microsoft rep told me the title was retired March 31st.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE