Options

Question for anyone who has completed Database Management - Applications at WGU

quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
Not sure if this is in the correct spot, but I'm sure it will be moved if not.

I'm having some issues with the Database Management - Applications at WGU and am calling on anyone here who may have passed the class or knows a fair amount about database management to hopefully give me some guidance. I've passed the multiple choice test without any issues and am trying to get the performance assessment knocked out. Got it all done in a few days, send it in to taskstream, waited 5 days for my results, and received extremely vague feedback. I'm not kidding when I say that the feedback was "it isn't correct." Okay...so I schedule a meeting with the course mentor to go over it. He kind of gives me a verbal shrug while trying to find what could be fixed. I do what he says and resubmit. I've gotten even worse results than before. The things the course mentor told me to change didn't resolve the issues from the first submission and caused me to get a poor score in areas that were previously correct. I scheduled another meeting with him that was supposed to take place an hour ago. Never received a call.

I'm getting frustrated because whoever is grading my work is giving me extremely vague and poor feedback and the course mentor doesn't know what to do either. Is there anyone here at TE who has passed this class who could maybe take a look at what I've got so far and give some pointers? I've been battling this for 3-4 weeks and just want to put it behind me. I've got no problem putting the work into fixing my work, but this feedback of "it isn't correct"/"it's not designed properly" with no explanation of what's actually wrong is ridiculous.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the rant! Unfortunately I don't personally know any database admins that I could bug icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What is the task about?
  • Options
    IrishTRIrishTR Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed it last term. Yes they are vague as hell and no standard among the evaluators for sure.

I literally had to submit it 4 times all for one stupid item even the mentor was questioning the return. But I passed that POS. That class and the JAVA applications class were the worst two classes of my whole BS degree!
  • Options
    quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    I know I'm late for this, but I finally passed the class. I ended up doing things my own way, rather than what the course mentor told me to do, and got a passing grade. Now all that's left is technical communications and the Capstone. Not looking forward to either...