Options

70-411 Completed today!

drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been a while since I checked in and posted. I've been hard at work studying for the 70-411 since passing the 410 on 3/1/17. Took the 411 today and was much more nervous than with the 410. The 410 I had a 4 retry voucher.. this one I just bought the single attempt! eek!

Also going into it I really didn't feel too good about NAP or NPS. For some reason that was tough for me grasp.. probably because I've never used it before and may never use it! But it's definitely good to learn! It helped round out my knowledge of RADIUS and VPN. It was the ticky tacky settings and stuff that bogged me down.

Anyway, I did better than I thought I would with a 858. Going through the test I definitely made a bunch of educated guesses. I went though all questions marking the ones I was unsure of to review. Then I went back reviewed all of them.. twice. Then went back through all questions one more time and clicked finish... I was not feeling good.

I used the same resources as I did for the 410. Infinite Skills videos, Test Out videos, reading material, labs. Take notes all all of that stuff. Take the practice tests at the end or the chapters. Then take the final. Used the results to hunt down youtube videos and technet articles.. so dry...

Also lab as much as possible. TestOut is nice cause they have labs built into the material, but it's not quite enough. You'll have to lab some stuff in your own environment to get your hands on it.

I think it's time for a bit of a break. I might take the rest of the summer off and start on the 70-412 in September. Been a long few months studying.. and even longer dating back to the 70-410 prep.. ugh. I won't wait too long though. Need to keep the material fresh.
Break time..!

Comments

• Options
    mauleymauley Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass, you are almost there now.

I am still studying for 70-410 and will try and take it beginning of next month.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    This test was also the hardest test I've taken. NPS was tough for sure. Congrats!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I"m in the process of studying for the 411 . Been doing labs and watching some videos online. I set my mind on taking the exam in 3 month hopefully that's enough time for me. Just been studying here and there since life right now is busy. . by the way what reading material did you happen to study?
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just technet to fill the gaps. Testout has some reading material as well as part of their training materials.

On the 70-410 I had the MS exam reference guide, it was kinda helpful but only as a supplement to the rest of the studying I had already done. I opted not to get the 70-411 exam reference this time and just use more internet resources.
    Break time..!
  • Options
    Gago77Gago77 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! I just took care off 70-410 this morning.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    DiscordDiscord Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    draker wrote: »
    Also going into it I really didn't feel too good about NAP or NPS. For some reason that was tough for me grasp.. probably because I've never used it before and may never use it! But it's definitely good to learn! It helped round out my knowledge of RADIUS and VPN. It was the ticky tacky settings and stuff that bogged me down.

Anyway, I did better than I thought I would with a 858. Going through the test I definitely made a bunch of educated guesses. I went though all questions marking the ones I was unsure of to review. Then I went back reviewed all of them.. twice. Then went back through all questions one more time and clicked finish... I was not feeling good.

Also lab as much as possible. TestOut is nice cause they have labs built into the material, but it's not quite enough. You'll have to lab some stuff in your own environment to get your hands on it.

draker speaks the truth on so many points. This exam sucked and labbing is key. An added note, review your powershell get-xxx and set-xxx commands too.

This exam sucked, like draker, thought for sure I'd failed it right till the end.