Another Response from Microsoft Regarding the 74-409 Exam as an elective.

Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
So I've been following the other threads about the uncertainty of this exam counting towards the MCSA:Server 2012 certification.

What I have gathered is that there has not been any notification or indication of it being phased out as an elective. This truly puts those who have studied at a disadvantage. I had some hope recently when I saw people were still having it count despite the website/cert planner not showing that as a possibility anymore.

I then saw the latest two 2012 threads that contradicted each other whereas one mentioned "still valid, but not showing due to website issues" and the other saying it was "silently removed in March".

I know others have forewarned to just stick to 412 at this point, but I couldnt take that as an answer since I am almost done studying for this. So I decided to ask Microsoft MCP support myself.
me wrote:
How can we assist you?
General comments/feedback

What is the topic of your inquiry (accessing your benefits, accessing your contract, security, etc.)?
Exam Elective MCSA 2012

Please, provide a detailed description of your inquiry and include any supporting documentation for us to help you better
Hi there, I am almost finished studying for the 74-409 Hyper-V exam that was listed as an elective for the MCSA 2012. I really need to know if this still counts as I have put in months of studying and have not received any indication or notification of a change.

Please let me know if this is valid or if there is anything I need to know. I know of someone who has passed within the last month and I wish to do the same.

Thank You
Microsoft wrote:
Thank you for contacting Microsoft about certification requirement.

Since you have yet to complete the last exam, you may still take the substitute exam 74-409 within 60 days from now for us to grant the MCSA certification to your profile.

Once you passed the last required exam, please contact us back so we can manually add the certification to your transcript since it will not be added automatically.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

Raymund
Customer Service Representative
Microsoft Certified Professional
Office Hours: 5:30am to 5:30pm PT, Monday - Friday

Message received date: 7/9/17

Turns out that I now have a 60 Day Grace period for this exam.

Perhaps there really was no announcement. I suggest everyone to email Microsoft if you are in the same boat as I am.
This really is some unfair bs but I am glad they care enough to manually honor the elective.
2019 Goals
CompTIA Linux+
[ ] Bachelor's Degree

Comments

• jtcamposjtcampos Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the same response from them after multiple emails, 60 day grace period.
  • bkarrbkarr Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you had any luck on this? I have been studying for exam 70-346 which was an elective for Server 2012 MCSA. I took the exam today, passed it, and when my status didn't update I found out like a month ago they changed it without notice. I found your post and immediately emailed Microsoft. Hoping for the best, very unfair. How can you change requirements without notice?
  • craig88craig88 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How do you go about contacting them?
  • Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, since im not even done with 410 and 411, this looks like I won't have any option then to do the 412 beast huh?
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    craig88 wrote: »
    How do you go about contacting them?
    MCP page then hit support. Same place you view your transcript I believe.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Loretta.charisma@gmail.coLoretta.charisma@gmail.co Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good day

I am having issues with my certificate as its not updating. I have written exams 70-410 , 70-411 and just passed 74-409 on the 18.07.2017 but to my surprise my MCSA certificate is not available on my account \ learning.

Your assistance in this regard will be helpful and highly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good day

I am having issues with my certificate as its not updating. I have written exams 70-410 , 70-411 and just passed 74-409 on the 18.07.2017 but to my surprise my MCSA certificate is not available on my account \ learning.

Your assistance in this regard will be helpful and highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Literally the post above yours is what you want.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
    Did you receive auto replies from Microsoft? I've submitted a support request but haven't anything back for 24 hours.
    Had my response from Microsoft giving me until the 6th September to pass 411. Thanks guys!
  • rpaobligarrpaobligar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi! I passed 74-409 last October 14. As what they said in email, "although following the old path of earning MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification was disabled in June 2017, Microsoft acknowledges those candidates who have taken or planning to take substitute exams in good faith (like 74-409) presuming that they will earn the said certification. This adjustment will be good through December 31, 2017."
    I got my MCSA certification now. I hope this clarify everything.