Linux Foundation SysAdmin Day sale

securityorcsecurityorc Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
Apparently, there is a SysAdmin Day, and to celebrate it, Linux foundation is offering a free preparatory course for any exam purchased before July 28, + LFS261 DevOps Fundamentals: Implementing Continuous Delivery as a bonus.

The Linux Foundation July SysAdmin Day Sale

I've settled my sights on LFCSA as my next cert..would anyone who has done it recommend the Linux Foundation course for someone who also has a Linux Academy subscription? Money's pretty tight right now, and I gave myself 3 months to study for it, so was planning to pay for the exam in autumn.

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How much does the sale save you? A Linux Academy subscription is around $219 a year. So if you did maybe a month or two would you be ahead with the sale?

Actually it looks like it is the same cost as buying the certification alone. With that in mind then its not bad because Linux Academy is solid.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • max064max064 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello securityorc,

The Visual studio dev essentials program, gives you access to a 3 month free subscription to the Linux Academy website, where you can try out all their courses for said duration. After that, you can continue with their monthly pricing structure or perhaps opt for an annual sub instead.

Hope this helps and happy studying!

Max
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you wait until November/December, they might have another Black Friday sale. I got the LFCS course, certification, and a t-shirt for $179.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The last time they had a sale was back in March. As a reference point I got the LFS201 course 1-year access, 2 LFCS exam attempts, and a Raspberry Pi for $314.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • securityorcsecurityorc Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I already have the Linux Academy subscription from VisualStudio Essentials, though for some reason, I got only 2 months, instead of 3. I will use that to study for LFCSA, and maybe supplement with LPIC1 and 2 training material. I'm also thinking that now would be a good time to do Linux From Scratch..I'll see what time allows.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    max064 wrote: »
    Hello securityorc,

The Visual studio dev essentials program, gives you access to a 3 month free subscription to the Linux Academy website, where you can try out all their courses for said duration. After that, you can continue with their monthly pricing structure or perhaps opt for an annual sub instead.

Hope this helps and happy studying!

Max

That's pretty cool - I didn't know about that! Thanks!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • max064max064 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    That's pretty cool - I didn't know about that! Thanks!

No problems!