Passed... whew

djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
First sitting today, been studying for a long time. 782. Believe the hype, this thing is tough. You are going to be thrown questions that you have never seen.

5 sims right off the top, I did them all straight up though rather than saving for later.

I walked in with full confidence that I'd pass - I threw the towel in at about 80 minutes... I had nothing left. I knew it could go either way. I'd like to know which of my several educated guesses were right - but I digress.

I used Darril's book on and off for a year. Also used the McGraw Hill questions. Then two weeks ago I bought the exam questions on Darril's premium site, and that I believe is what put me on the passing side of the fence.

Next I'm going to be getting some NetApp certification training for work, then on to get my CCNA again (mine expired in...... 2010, lol)

Comments

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Congrats!!!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I've said it many times, this test is no joke. What really got me was the allotted time to complete the exam. 1/2 hours is not a lot of time for ~75 questions, including the simulations.
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • ShayBammyShayBammy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Felt the same way during the exam (passed two weeks ago). Flagged a lot of questions . Agree 100 percent that the premium content on Darril Gibson's site helped a great deal, The performance based questions were relatively easy compared to the rest of the exam.
  • SponterSponter Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I also just passed today. I third Darril Gibson the books helped me going from nothing to passing. Also Professor Messer helped a lot too.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congratulations! I used Darril's book and website to pass in 2013. I can't say enough about him!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • kye.daveykye.davey Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! Security+ is a good exam to build momentum and confidence off of.
    Don't know if it has been said over and over as a coined phrase but Darril Gibson is the King of CompTIA
  • djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ShayBammy wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    The performance based questions were relatively easy compared to the rest of the exam.

I know, right? I got through the sims relatively unscathed, with about 1:10 on the clock ready to burn through the MCQ. But one after another came that I didn't have a clear answer for, and I started to panic. I must have flagged 15 of them at least. It was good to know in advance that I might see some "beta" questions - and I saw plenty.
  • phatrikphatrik Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ITSec14: Things have changed since you sat for the exam, current exam (SY0-401) has a maximum of 90 questions to be answered within 90 minutes.
    2018 goals: Security+, CCNA CyberOps (Cohort #6), eJPT, CCNA R&S 2019 goals: RHCE ????, OSCP || CISSP
  • adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251