What does the Exam look like?

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
is there such a video that exists that will show what the exam format looks like , i.e the layout of the screen and how the sims appear on the screen , just so it doesn't come as a shock to me when i eventually sit the exam.

i know there will be sims , and multiple choice type questions , i have sat microsoft and comptia exams , just wandering how diff the layout will be if different at all.

Comments

• IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The official Cisco site actually used to give you a free trial run of their testing system on the certification website.
    Aha, check this link out

Edit: something weird is happening with the link.

Just google CCNA exam tutorial, and you'll find a link on the offical CCNA certification page.
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Ismael

just looking at it now and seems you can't use the TAB key in the sims i was curious about that.
    Based on my experience, you HAVE to learn the complete commands. Do not rely on the question mark or tab. Also learn the different show commands to obtain the information you are looking for. It's very likely some real and useful commands will not be accepted.

Trust me on this.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ...and once you answer a question, you cannot go back. You should know the material well.
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks again for replies.

I have gone through all my course work on it except ipv6 i am gonna back over that section i totally blanked out watching it , tried twice. There seems to be a lot to take in on it. So def wanna watch it while im alert taking notes.

I will probably be aiming to do the exam with 4weeks (possibly) i will have to see how im doing on labs and show outputs theres a lot of them.
    Thanks again for replies.

I have gone through all my course work on it except ipv6 i am gonna back over that section i totally blanked out watching it , tried twice. There seems to be a lot to take in on it. So def wanna watch it while im alert taking notes.

I will probably be aiming to do the exam with 4weeks (possibly) i will have to see how im doing on labs and show outputs theres a lot of them.

I always just leave all the IPv6 for the end, and start hammering away until it sticks and I've got all the details. IPv6 is very isolated material. Most of the material is IPv4 and then all of a sudden IPv6 barges in.