Upgrading to new generation certs?

I was reading about the new MS certs. They will be product specific and you only have to pass 3 exams to be a MCITP in exchange for example. Will there be a similar cert like MCSE which covers all server core functions? I think longhorn server is still about 1 year away, so the new certs are non server related for now. WIll exchange 2007 certs link with AD in server 2003 as longhorn is not out? I am 2 exams away from MCSE 2003 i hope we can upgrade to the longhorn cert when it is released

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm sure there will be upgrade paths for current cert holders. I know there wil be for MCDST, 70-622 I believe. I would keep going for MCSE 2K3, more companies will be using that before Server 2007...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I feel sure the new exchange cert would be accepted as an elective for both the 2003 MCSE and the new generation program.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...