Options

asa 5505 for CCIE security lab

simba123simba123 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I think I've purchased all gears for CCIE security lab except for ASA. Hence ASA 5510 is still expensive, I'm considering to buy 5505 instead. Can it be a substitute for 5510? And do I need security plus application?

Thanks for your comment in advance..

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike will likely chime in as a I know he picked at least one up for his lab (I think 2 for failover). The only thing I can see you missing is the AIP-SSM for IPS work, but if you already have a sensor I think you won't miss much about session'ing to it vs. working directly with a 5.x sensor.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I went with the cheap (under $500) 10 user 5505 for WebVPN. I've got the unrestricted PIX 515s for failover and contexts.

The AIP-SSM isn't in the lab -- yet -- that I've heard.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    simba123simba123 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right now, I got 515-UR, VPN 3005, and 4215 sensor with 8 2600 routers.

Thanks for comments..
  • Options
    Abigail4444Abigail4444 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Secure your success by preparing JNCIE-SEC Lab with lab4ccie provided study material. So dont wandering here and there. Save your time by visit lab4ccie.on this site you can find up to date JNCIE-SEC Lab Practice Questions and their answers. They provide a well compiled JNCIE-SEC Lab Workbook for your best preparation. All JNCIE-Security Lab questions are real and up to date. So become a member of lab4ccie and get 90 days free questions updates. For more information visit:https://www.lab4ccie.com/jncie-sec-lab-workbook