Passed 210-250-SECFND

desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys, I passed SECFND today with a score of 900.

Pretty straightforward exam as others have said.

Time wise I think they give you a lof time...60 minutes would be more than enough time seeing as you can't review questions or go back.

I did all of this self-study, I am on the Cisco Global Scholarship program but my course does not start til Dec 2017. As my CCNA is going to expire in Sept, I quickly completed this course myself.

Material I used:

LiveLessons Video Series By Omar (These were excellent)

Cisco Official Guide (Good guide but goes into a lot of detail on things you don't really need for the exam such as OSPF/RIP etc).

Cisco Syllabus ( I used it to cross check everything I had studied matched-up)

Looking forward to the next part now with SecOps!

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's pretty amazing, right there! Great job, I'm looking forward to your SecOps post.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!icon_cool.gif

Did you have to pay $300 for your voucher?
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations! Well done
  • desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!

@ dizzy_kitty I had to pay $325 to sit in the exam, I'm based in the UK...and the exam was not available at my local Cisco Center I had to travel 1 hour to the next City to the take the exam.
    Yikes. Glad you passed it then LOL.
    I passed both 210-250 and 210-255. If you need any pointers lmk.

Practice quizzes, the gap document, and reviewing the glossary helped me A LOT with 210-255
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which practice quizzes did you use, dizzy_kitty? I have the premium ebook with practice exams from Cisco Press, so I am looking for feedback to see if they are worth the cost.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Thats the one I used! :) I saw several questions from the book on 210-250. I dont recall if I saw any word for word on 210-255. I probably did but it really helped me learn the material going through the quizzes. Very much worth the cost.
    Also for 210-255 make sure to know the order/names and details of the Kill Chain
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @dizzy_kitty...thank you for the feedback! I always advise people to take good practice tests, identify weaknesses, then read up on what you are lacking. Good to know that the practice exams are worth the price.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Also for 210-255 make sure to know the order/names and details of the Kill Chain

The 250 was so easy that I took the 255 too lightly. Didn't really study, and took an L on my first attempt. Missed it by one question the first time. Came back the next week and hit the stuff I didn't know well, (Veris, Diamond Model of Intrusion, Regex). Walked away a happy camper. Thanks to Cisco for the additional voucher.
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on next one.