Are you willing to get a microchip to land this job??

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
Talk about locking down security! I don't think any job is worth it if they require it. I will go back to bartending if I have to!

https://www.hackread.com/a-us-firm-plans-to-install-microchips-in-employees/

It's definitely something that other business might start doing, but I am curious how the current employees are accepting this requirement.

What would you do? Thoughts, comments??

I am trying to think of some of the microchip movies that have released already...I recall the actors trying to dig out the microchips outta their skin to have freedom from being tracked...However, I guess I haven't had enough coffee for me to remember. Was it in District 9?

Cheers & HI5!
CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

Comments

• olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whats the advantage over any other form of ID? Harder to lose it?

How are updates handled?
    How is it removed?
    What happens when someone quits?
    What is there to prevent them from turning on GPS later?

Would I do it? Yes, I'd do just about anything for the right amount of money. And so would most others
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If they want me to carry company property at all times, they better pay me so I take care of their property at all times...
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's completely optional for the employee and not at all required to land a job with that company. Nice clickbait though.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jt2929 wrote: »
    It's completely optional for the employee and not at all required to land a job with that company. Nice clickbait though.

Oh, you are very welcome JT!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I don't care how much money they pay me. No thanks.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just watched "The Belko Experiment" last week... I'll be passing on that. Not the greatest movie but check out the trailer if you don't know what it is.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I remember direct deposit was optional at one time, now you be hard pressed to find a larger company where it's not mandatory.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Still, that is different than having something IMPLANTED in you. icon_wink.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • NerkleNerkle Member Posts: 20 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nope. I'd sooner freelance than work for companies that tried to force chipping me. Often times, companies that say that these things are "optional," make it extremely disadvantageous to refuse or have consequences to not doing so. I wonder if some of these employees faced this same "optional" choice or will have to very soon when the company adds pressure.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    No implant for me. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Who pays to get the tumor excised?
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was talking about this with my coworkers this morning actually. One of them brought up a good point about if someone had to get an MRI, they'd need surgery to get it out, then put it back in again.

Obviously kinda a big privacy risk for the individual. I can't see a scenario where I would do this. At least not at the current time.
  • dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I saw The Belko Experiment a few weeks ago as well! No thanks looool. I like having my body not explode. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    No implant for me. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.

I leave message here on service but you do not call.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    we are already "microchiped"! we all walk around with mobile phones and its not a choice.. Phones on street corners are no longer working.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I dont know whats in that microchip. I know it can track where you are, track your temp, and etc. From there, it can create a profile. Its not new. They are doing this already using our phones. Although, I can throw my phone away. I cant take off that microchip anytime I want.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    No thank you
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Although, I can throw my phone away. I cant take off that microchip anytime I want.

That's why I always carry around an ax with me, just in case I have to ditch the chip... and my hand.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    They are doing this already using our phones. Although, I can throw my phone away. I cant take off that microchip anytime I want.

Throw your phone away and use what?
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    No thanks. I have no desire to become one with technology.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Transhumanism is the next logical step in our evolution, or so some believe. The (un)natural course that is inevitable which will extend life beyond a normal person's comprehension. It'll redefine certain aspects of the human experience and what it means to be "alive." The RFID ship has sailed and I don't see it slowing down. My state, Missouri, just finally caved to the pressures of incorporating this tracking technology in state/govt issued ID's which they've been fighting since 2005. These Real-ID cards are required to board planes, enter govt buildings, etc. Eventually, you won't need your phone or your watch to make crypto-currency exchanges or change the thermostat in your home/car/whatever. The applications are amazing... the scary concept of who controls it and to what extent you can not participate and be left out of society makes it less savory, but I see it happening none-the-less. It seems that the younger generations all ready adopt newer technology more quickly than the ones before them, with good cause, but the ramifications socially seem to be related to the society feeling more and more isolated.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE