Recent Test Takers

unrealskillz06unrealskillz06 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Soooooooo....Ive been really considering taking on this hurdle soon. I have been looking at the objectives, and I feel fairly confident without studying. Am I being too confident or should actually take the time to study? I feel this way because my minor covered a lot of the CBKs. Its been some years since I've taken the Sec+ and Im fresh from CCNP.

Comments

• RuprechtRuprecht Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you may be too confident. But whether that’s true or not, the next steps are the same: Start preparing to take the exam. By that I mean get ahold of a good large set of practice CISSP type questions, and find out if you measure up. The exam is also a test of physical and intellectual stamina. Practice test banks prepare you for that, and crucially, they will pinpoint your weaknesses, including navigating inscrutable questions you will find in the real exam. The CISSP is too large and expensive and difficult to reschedule not to be ready. I used cccure, but you will find in this forum the discussion of several other practice test resources, including sybex, transcender, boson and ISC2.
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the CCNP! I agree with Ruprecht and think you may be too confident. The CISSP tests your ability to apply domains concepts versus just knowing them. If it's been a while since you've reviewed the CBKs then it would be best to study using some of the good material offer in these threads (i.e. Sybex, Transcender, CCCure). Good luck!
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doesn't hurt to try... Worst case you will at least identify your weak areas. I plan on starting my CISSP journey on August 7th!
  • ddaygloddayglo Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Take the free practice test from the ISC2 website and also spend $10 on the official test app. If you score over 80 on each one, then yes, you should be good to go.
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Take the time to study. This is not the type of test to attempt without preparation. Focus your study on the domains that you are weak in (based on a pre-assessment ). Also, InfoSec operations experience helps a ton.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Give the Boson tests a try before taking the actual test.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • unrealskillz06unrealskillz06 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information guys. I'll just hit the books and get to it. I didn't say it in my initial post but I was referring to the SSCP. I don't feel confident enough for the CISSP exam yet. Either way, touching up on some of the CBKs wont hurt. Appreciate the input.