Jobs around St. Louis

jscot002jscot002 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I've been living close to St. Louis now for around four months and I have a good layer 1 networking job building and installing racks. However, I got quite a few certs now and the Linux+ shortly to come. I have a bachelors in business, but I've been accepted into the Master's cybersecurity program at WGU which I will begin soon. I am looking for a SOC, NOC, junior network admin or anything a little more technical. If anyone knows any leads I can apply to it would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a security clearance. I am currently using LinkedIn, Monster and Indeed to job hunt.

Thanks!

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PM me

I know a gal looking for access control people at a fortune 100.

Might not be 1 to 1 but it could get you in the door and she is a director and my friend. We can go to LinkedIn and go off line, but before I submit I want to make sure you are legit.

Sorry just the way I roll.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Realize this thread is a little dated, but the infosec area is hot right now in STL. If you hate yourself you could always be an Archer admin...
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Realize this thread is a little dated, but the infosec area is hot right now in STL. If you hate yourself you could always be an Archer admin...

HAHAHA - Just lost it. Archer sucks, great post! Rep
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    HAHAHA - Just lost it. Archer sucks, great post! Rep

Just did the Admin II training last week. It's a ball of suck.

75% of the cold calls I get are about it. Thanks, but no thanks.
    I had to build several ETL's from that terrible black box. No schema, supposedly can use the web transporters to an XML file, that was slow and clunky. The SQL transport was horrid, again no ERD, barely able to pull 3 - 4 columns of data.

If you want to build an EDW good luck
    Just to follow back up.

If I was an aspiring IT professional and wanted to get into IT from the ground up in the St Louis area. I would learn UNIX, Linux at an elementary level and apply for operator positions. There are several fortune 500 companies looking for these folks and they best part they are under the IT umbrella. Do your 12 months and apply for networking, security whatever.

And the best part the job is easy...... Hours are tough but you can make a name quick and move up.

Honestly if you were out of high school, I would get Linux + proudly display it on my resume and learn as much command line as I could. That could easily get you a job....