Incase you missed - free Kali book and new Kali linux certification

hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Latest book about Kali Linux if free to everybody now: https://kali.training/downloads/Kali_Revealed_1st_edition.pdf

There is also new certification: Kali Linux Certified Professional (https://kali.training/)

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice! thxs for the share
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nice! I'm interested in getting more into Security in the coming months. Is Kali the platform of choice for it?
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    While this training is offered by offsec(the creators of Kali Linux and the coveted OSCP), THIS IS NOT A SECURITY OR PENTESTING certification/book. Its a Kali Linux administration book/certification. It deals only with installing, setting up and managing Kali Linux.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nice thanks for the share.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just checked the PearsonVue website and the exam is $450. That is a bit spendy, in my opinion. If it was $250, I would consider it, but there are way more certifications in that price range that I feel would be a better bang for the buck.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is not a security certifications. It a Kali Linux certification. Still this should be a good read. I think being a good pen tester is abouy using and knowing when to use the right tools. I've already read 20+ pages. Should be good for any level of Kali experience. I'll definitely read it, at 344 pages, should be a 1 month max.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the look out.