Passed 290 with 866

Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
I dropped a little 866 on that bad boy. :o I was very surprised to score that well, because the experience was a night mare.

I got to the testing center (Prometric ) at 4:30 right on time. Well they had my registration number wrong and it took them til 5:45 to get it straight. I was furious, but I had taken off work and driven 75 miles and I needed to take the damn thing, so I hung around. icon_evil.gif GRRRRRRRRR.

I had 45 questions, FIVE of which were sims. Four were pretty straigt forward, but the fifth one was a bear and I don't know if I was just tired or what, but I could NOT figure it out, so I guessed as best I could. I had a lot of Terminal services and backup/restore shadow copy questions and since I have some solid work experience with the Terminal services
and had gone over the backup stuff quite a bit I think that must have really helped my score.

ALSO contrary to what a lot of folks have been saying I had two questions on WSUS. icon_eek.gif They weren't hard and could have applied to SUS. But, you may want to brush up on that too.

I am using MS 2003 MCSE training kit and exam cram and have experience administrating a medium size 2003 domain.

On to the beast!

Good luck my friends,

Mr. Ye
"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job Mr Ye! Glad you persevered through a tough situation. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    congtrats, I got so bored during this exam.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations! And thanks for the heads-up about WSUS, I've heard conflicting stories about whether it's on the test or not.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. And I understand about Prometric's issues with scheduling. The last two tests I went in for, I had trouble even getting the testing center employees to show up on time, let alone get my test scheduled right. I'm glad you got it worked out and got through your test. Good luck on 70-291.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Good work dude !

:D
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Good job! Very nice score!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.